Best online prep for high scorer Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LLBL

New

Best online prep for high scorer

Post by LLBL » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:22 pm

I just took a cold diagnostic and scored 168. My goal is somewhere between 174 and 178. What would be the best online course or one on one for someone with a relatively high initial diagnostic. Also how reproducible on the actual LSAT is this. I took the June 2007 LSAT. Can I just self study and get to 176? My raw scores were LG: 19/23 and for LR : 23/25 and 18/25 and RC: 26/27. I have a full year from now to prepare. I am a full time college student so need to work around my classes and exam schedules. I am not in a location to take an in person exam. Thanks.

MFerraro

New

Re: Best online prep for high scorer

Post by MFerraro » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:25 pm

If you got a 168 on your first diagnostic that is incredibly good. That means your area of weakness is very specific and small. Taking a complete course would only waste your time and delay your results, I believe. I would focus on self-studying and finding your specific areas of weakness and spending time on that by referring to explanations. If you are continued being stuck, maybe get a tutor. That's just my two scents but you are definitely a prospect to achieve mid to high 170's in a matter of a few months if you study right.

MFerraro

New

Post by MFerraro » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 pm

If you got a 168 on your first diagnostic that is incredibly good. That means your area of weakness is very specific and small. Taking a complete course would only waste your time and delay your results, I believe. I would focus on self-studying and finding your specific areas of weakness and spending time on that by referring to explanations. If you are continued being stuck, maybe get a tutor. That's just my two cents but you are definitely a prospect to achieve mid to high 170's in a matter of a few months if you study right.

LLBL

New

Post by LLBL » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:41 pm

LLBL wrote:I just took a cold diagnostic and scored 168. My goal is somewhere between 174 and 178. What would be the best online course or one on one for someone with a relatively high initial diagnostic. Also how reproducible on the actual LSAT is this. I took the June 2007 LSAT. Can I just self study and get to 176? My raw scores were LG: 19/23 and for LR : 23/25 and 18/25 and RC: 26/27. I have a full year from now to prepare. I am a full time college student so need to work around my classes and exam schedules. I am not in a location to take an in person exam. Thanks.
IMO, no need to take an actual course unless you really need the structure to motivate you to study. I self-studied and did very well on the LSAT (within your target range). I just used the PowerScore books, plus lots and lots of old LSATs to drill. My main weakness was LG, so I mostly drilled LG sections. If your RC performance is reproducible (definitely do a couple more RC sections first to make sure), I don't think you need to spend much/any time prepping there.

LLBL

New

Post by LLBL » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Thanks. That was my inclination but wasn't sure. I'll take a few more practice tests to see if my results are reproducible and then just take work on logic games and logical reasoning.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”