Is November too late to test for 2019-20 school year start? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
AppleCity503

New

Is November too late to test for 2019-20 school year start?

Post by AppleCity503 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:54 am

I was planning to take the September LSAT and have been studying with that date in mind, but I stupidly didn't go to LSAC.org to sign up until today. Apparently it's too late to register for the September test. I've heard that law schools give out merit money in the earlier stages of the application window, and also that your chances of admission are just plain better earlier on - should I wait to apply for the 2020-21 school year hoping for merit money, or should I take the test in November and apply then for the 2019-20 school year?

Schools I'm aiming for are Harvard and Columbia if that helps.

Thank you for your opinions!

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Is November too late to test for 2019-20 school year start?

Post by Pneumonia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 pm

AppleCity503 wrote:I was planning to take the September LSAT and have been studying with that date in mind, but I stupidly didn't go to LSAC.org to sign up until today. Apparently it's too late to register for the September test. I've heard that law schools give out merit money in the earlier stages of the application window, and also that your chances of admission are just plain better earlier on - should I wait to apply for the 2020-21 school year hoping for merit money, or should I take the test in November and apply then for the 2019-20 school year?

Schools I'm aiming for are Harvard and Columbia if that helps.

Thank you for your opinions!
Sounds like you've already been studying, so either way you should probably take the next available LSAT. Harvard doesn't give merit money, so there's not harm in applying in December. December is neither early nor late for other schools, so I don't see any harm in applying. Worst case you just apply again next year.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”