LSAT Retake advice! Way below PT average!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LWSKL2022

New

LSAT Retake advice! Way below PT average!!

Post by LWSKL2022 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Hey everyone,

I started studying for the LSAT in January and recently took the June administration as my first try. For preparation, I worked through the bibles and the 10 actuals. I did about 35 practice tests with my range for the last 15 being 167-169; however, on the June LSAT I made the dumbest mistakes and wound up with a 160. My score is no where near what I need for the schools I'm looking at. I know a retake is obvious but has anyone experienced this the first time around?? If so, how much of an improvement was the second try and is it likely I'll go back to my PT average? Looking for hope!

ykim435

New

Re: LSAT Retake advice! Way below PT average!!

Post by ykim435 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:09 am

LWSKL2022 wrote:Hey everyone,

I started studying for the LSAT in January and recently took the June administration as my first try. For preparation, I worked through the bibles and the 10 actuals. I did about 35 practice tests with my range for the last 15 being 167-169; however, on the June LSAT I made the dumbest mistakes and wound up with a 160. My score is no where near what I need for the schools I'm looking at. I know a retake is obvious but has anyone experienced this the first time around?? If so, how much of an improvement was the second try and is it likely I'll go back to my PT average? Looking for hope!
The first time I took the LSAT my score dropped 8 pts from my average PTs. For me, learning not to panic through meditaion helped. Also, following a routine everyday (or everyday when you take a PT)--just like the actual test day--helped. I had the same amount of caffine before the test, same snacks for break, and also had restrictions on going to the bathroom etc. Having more things that are predictable also helped with my anxiety. Hope you find a way that works for you. Good luck!

AdamLSAT

New

Re: LSAT Retake advice! Way below PT average!!

Post by AdamLSAT » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:07 pm

As an LSAT instructor and tutor, many of my students have experienced this. It's completely normal.

Take the exam again and again until you get the score you want (provided you are still applying early on enough in the cycle). The test anxiety will decrease and you'll be able to get into a groove again.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”