Don't know where to start Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Connor13346

New

Don't know where to start

Post by Connor13346 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:38 am

Hey guys I recently decided that I would like to attend law school and to start preparing for the LSAT. I do not plan on sitting for the test for at least a year, so I have a great deal of time to prepare. However, i'm unsure how to begin this process. My goal is to get a perfect score or as close as possible so I want to approach this properly and do not want to squander any practice tests as they are a finite resource. What would be the best way to approach this? Currently, my plan is to go through the LSAT Trainer along with the powerscore bibles and then completing every practice test with blind review. Do you think that this is the best way to do it? Should I include 7sage in my preparation too? Also, i've heard that the LSAT trainer suggests that you drill problems from the released practice tests. Wouldn't this be a bad idea as it would be reducing the amount of timed practice tests I can prepare with? Thanks for the advice.

northwood

Platinum

Re: Don't know where to start

Post by northwood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:36 pm

There are a lot of resources in this website. I would take a practice test to get a raw baseline of where you are. I e you have his diagnostic then you can skim the lsat training guides to figure out how to prepare for the test ( here are lsat tutorials and lsat tutors on here who you may want to look into, depending on your diagnostic score).

Then I would take some of the older tests and make copies of them . You will need to drill question types, then sections then full length tests. You should see that the lsat question types can be answered based on similar strategies based on the type of question. I would save the most recent tests (2010-now)?to use as full length practice tests after you have learned how to tackle each question type.

Best of luck.

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:14 am

I would go with 7 Sage and The LSAT Trainer. They work well together but it's probably best to use one exclusively before jumping to the next so that you do not get confused. I would start with 7 Sage and use The LSAT Trainer as backup if you need further clarification or a different perspective. Def don't touch your PT until you've finished prep. Just take your diagnostic and leave the others for later. If you do not have access to PT 7 Sage is def the way to go for the price. If you have the PT I would go with 7 Sage's lowest pkg. If you haven't already, check out 7 Sage's YouTube LG videos for a feel of the teaching style. Oh, I would use 7 Sage exclusively for LG. Nothing against The LSAT Trainer, but 7 Sage beats everybody IMO for LG. As far as using released tests while studying, use the older PT. Even though the feel of the test has changed the fundamentals haven't so you'll be ok. You'll be using the earlier tests to drill LG anyway, so why not use the earlier PT for practice during prep?

uncle_rico

New

Post by uncle_rico » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:53 am

I would definitely recommend starting with The LSAT Trainer. The book is relatively cheap and I found it to be a great starting point

Synapse2018

New

Post by Synapse2018 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:02 pm

I started with a completely free route. I used a free YouTube series called insight LSAT. There are videos by section further broken down by problem type from practice tests 30-40. What that helped me do is identify weak and strong areas, so I can focus on themes rather than sections or entire books. I first focused on LR with RC following and AR being last.

It's different for everyone, but I wanted to see how far I could bump up my score without investing any $$ and without touching the games since they are apparently the easier part to learn. It made a nice difference. Everyone will have their own approach though.

I say whatever you decide, find one company that you like for prep and stick with their strategy. The way I am doing it seems like I'm making progress, but I definitely see a lot of work ahead in the next 4 months for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”