3 forgotten LGs Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
popefreedom

New

3 forgotten LGs

Post by popefreedom » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi, so I am using the PowerScore books as a supplement to my Manhattan class that starts in mid June. But I've been doing PowerScore LG Bible, and I'm at the chapter about 3 forgotten games that haven't been used since the 90s and early 2000s. They say they should appear sometime again, but I have to ask, is it worth spending time to know them? How likely is the LSAC going to put them in the September LSAT?

DKilloranPowerScore

Bronze

Re: 3 forgotten LGs

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:42 pm

I actually talked about this in our June/July LSAT Predictions seminar the other night. Just from a statistical standpoint, these game types aren't likely to come up (they are less than 10% of all games historically). The vast majority of the LG section is based on Linearity and Grouping, so spending your time there is well worth it. What I'd suggest is reading through the chapter and learning some of the ideas in there (because if you hit a circular game you do want to understand how it works) but then I wouldn't worry too much about it beyond knowing some of the quirks. That won't take much time but it will eliminate any blind spots and alleviate any concern you have over them.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. I'm happy to help. Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”