Mastering Logical Games, advice? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
M evanz

New

Mastering Logical Games, advice?

Post by M evanz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:18 am

Hello, so as my title indicates, I’m looking for some advice on mastering logical games. I already know the basics and have my own notation system that works for me but I still lack mastery. I know about 7sage’s explanations/fool proof method, but wouldn’t it be a waste of PT’s to go through all of the previous administered games or is that the only way to do it? If that’s the case, then I’m willing to go through each game 2-3 times with his method to achieve mastery. My only concern is—wouldn’t this give me an unrealistic score when I go through my timed PTs because I’ve already seen all of the games? Or will this truly prepare me for what I’m going to see on test day? Is there a better way to do it? Thank you in advance.

LSAT_Ninja_Tutor

New

Re: Mastering Logical Games, advice?

Post by LSAT_Ninja_Tutor » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm not sure how long you've been practicing, but as you said, you haven't achieved mastery yet. It's possible that your notation system isn't efficient. The key to being able to master logic games is to be accurate and efficient. If you have achieved 100% accuracy for a game, but you aren't able to complete the game under the given time, there are 2 things to consider. Either you are not able to make the inferences fast enough or you do not have an efficient method for approaching the game. I recommend going with the 7Sage way if you can't complete the game under the required time.

You don't have to use the FoolProof Method with every game, but you should have a significant number of games set aside for drilling. These are the games you foolproof and you will likely need to do some games more than 3 times to master. I haven't heard of anyone who has felt that foolproofing games has hurt their performance on test day. Have a set of PTs set aside for full PTs and timed sections. Don't be afraid to change what you're doing if its not giving you the results you want.

The_TLS_Shill

New

Re: Mastering Logical Games, advice?

Post by The_TLS_Shill » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:04 pm

I would hit the games again and again and again. Don't worry too much about seeing them more than once.
If you want to DM we can do it on Twitter or something and chat about it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”