Need Advice 153->160's Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rmcafee96

New

Need Advice 153->160's

Post by rmcafee96 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Hello,

Some background: I recently graduated from U of Houston with a 3.61 and Summa Cum Laude.
LSAT: Scored 153 on both attempts.
Living in Houston currently and working for a law firm that I have been at for 2 years as of yesterday. Would like to go to UH or another school in Texas but I would like to end up practicing in Houston after law school.

I need some advice and would like to hear some peoples experiences about what worked well for them when trying to get their score up.

I obviously want to get my score as high as I can but my goal is to get into 160-165 range. I want to either take the upcoming September or November LSAT.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Synapse2018

New

Re: Need Advice 153->160's

Post by Synapse2018 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:40 am

I’m in the same boat with a bit of a higher score of 162 on my first diagnostic which I took blind. I think the overall consensus is that the lsat is a test you can learn useful strategies for that really useful.

YouTube has a ton of free resources. Khan academy also now offers free LSAT prep. So, I’d say start there. If you don’t see a significant improvement within a few weeks, maybe you should consider hiring a private tutor. It doesn’t have to be frequent, but maybe someone experienced can offer you advice you haven’t considered. Anyway, that’s my plan and I have just 5 months to study about 2 hours a day.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”