People scoring from 140s to 170s Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
happygogo

New

People scoring from 140s to 170s

Post by happygogo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:55 am

Hello,

I'm currently taking Powerscore in-class courses (only completed cold diagnostic and lesson 1) and I'm starting to worry.

My cold diagnostic was a 149.

I've signed up for the June and July LSAT (just in case).

How long did it take you to increase your score? I'm afraid I might not have enough time.

I have no other commitments right now and am trying to study off other prep books, tests, and 7sage vids almost 6+ hours a day.

My goal is Georgetown, but I will be applying to other schools, as well.

Do you think I have a shot at 170?

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: People scoring from 140s to 170s

Post by sparkytrainer » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:03 am

happygogo wrote:Hello,

I'm currently taking Powerscore in-class courses (only completed cold diagnostic and lesson 1) and I'm starting to worry.

My cold diagnostic was a 149.

I've signed up for the June and July LSAT (just in case).

How long did it take you to increase your score? I'm afraid I might not have enough time.

I have no other commitments right now and am trying to study off other prep books, tests, and 7sage vids almost 6+ hours a day.

My goal is Georgetown, but I will be applying to other schools, as well.

Do you think I have a shot at 170?
You aren't going to like hearing this, but the chances of you going from a 140s to 170+ in 2 months is almost 0%. I myself went from a 140s diagnostic to a 175+ real score on my THIRD try. It took me a full year. I took off a total of 2 weeks over a 52 week period.

You know what works the best? Taking lsats. You can find all of them online in pdfs. I downloaded each one, and I took each lsat at least twice under the most realistic testing conditions I could make. I had a 35 minute timer, printed bubble sheets, and sat in a library each night to be distracted by others.

The lsat is 100% a learnable test. But you cannot force some arbitrary timeline if you want a high score, which all people should aspire to. I want you to succeed OP and I know you can, but you need to stop considering the time. You have to practice and practice and practice until you can consistently score 179-180 on each practice test. I took over 200 lsats in my prep and it worked, but it takes time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”