Where would you start? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Marialsatprep

New

Where would you start?

Post by Marialsatprep » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:01 pm

I have not studied. I got -7 on reading comp, -9 and -10 on LR and -4 on LG. They were all timed except for the LG. Where would you begin?

I can probably study one to two hours per day and can dedicate up to a year. TIA

creed

Bronze

Re: Where would you start?

Post by creed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:45 pm

I would start by making a study plan for the year. Your scores are good but not so good that you can spare any section. I'd recommend checking out Pithypike's study plan on here for a good outline.

My personal preference was to have one section I focused on each few days while also doing at least a bit of the other two. That way I could improve in one area while not getting rusty in the others. I began with LG being my focus for the first month or so because it's so learnable. If you got a -4 LG cold, I would bet a lot of money you can get to -0/-1 consistently on LG, which is often a requirement for a 170-175.

One other note: I would recommend really carving some time out to work on RC. It's the hardest to learn and if you want to be in the 170+ range you need to get your numbers up there.

Best of luck!

Marialsatprep

New

Re: Where would you start?

Post by Marialsatprep » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:17 am

creed wrote:I would start by making a study plan for the year. Your scores are good but not so good that you can spare any section. I'd recommend checking out Pithypike's study plan on here for a good outline.

My personal preference was to have one section I focused on each few days while also doing at least a bit of the other two. That way I could improve in one area while not getting rusty in the others. I began with LG being my focus for the first month or so because it's so learnable. If you got a -4 LG cold, I would bet a lot of money you can get to -0/-1 consistently on LG, which is often a requirement for a 170-175.

One other note: I would recommend really carving some time out to work on RC. It's the hardest to learn and if you want to be in the 170+ range you need to get your numbers up there.

Best of luck!
Yeah my guess is LG I will be able to get to -0/-1, I absolutely love them and could do them all day. Hopefully LR is something I can significantly improve on.

Thanks! I looked at Pithypikes study plan but it seemed the materials he suggested aren't as popular anymore. I'm I missing something?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”