My cold diagnostic score is 144?! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Legallyellen

New

My cold diagnostic score is 144?!

Post by Legallyellen » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:21 pm

So i took the june 2007 lsat free diagnostic test online, and i took it by myself, timed, and completely cold. I got a horrible score of 144 after grading it myself. Is there any chance i can reach 170? Im planning on taking it in september and go into serious study mode in may and take powerscore courses for a month to help me with techniques. I have a 3.8 gpa. Its quite upsetting but I think i suck at reading comprehension the most :( please any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

ExperssioUnius

Bronze

Re: My cold diagnostic score is 144?!

Post by ExperssioUnius » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:32 am

It really depends on how you did on each section. Without any knowledge of how the logic games work, it could be very hard to score well on a diagnostic test but the logic games are very teachable. The same holds true to a somewhat lesser extent for the two sections of logic reasoning. The hardest section to improve your score is reading comprehension so if that is where you struggled you are in for a much harder uphill climb. I would not count yourself out of a good law school based on a 144 cold diagnostic. Study some books for a week or two, take another diagnostic, then decide if you want to take a course and what course you want based on the second diagnostic.

Bla Bla Bla Blah

Bronze

Post by Bla Bla Bla Blah » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:32 am

Reading comprehension and logical reasoning is just as learnable, but takes more time. Think of it as marathon training: you need to build muscle. In this case that comes in the form of mental fortitude, and doing enough practice and review until the paterns and tricks start becoming familiar.

For logic games I can only say one thing: get the LG Bible (can probably find on Amazon). Master the way they tell you to set things up, and the strategies. I went immediately from missing 4 to sometimes 7 to missing 0 to sometimes 1 (if I threw one away, which was recomended in some instances). Made the difference.

Can you get to 170... absolutely. Will it take consistent, time-consuming, and mindful practice.... absolutely.

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:46 pm

I went from 147 to 172. I was PTing at 180s before my 172 too. I had super low GPA in college htough so high LSAT was pretty much my only option.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”