Getting LR from -5, -6 to -2, -3 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
King of the North

Bronze

Getting LR from -5, -6 to -2, -3

Post by King of the North » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Hey everyone. As the title suggests, I’d like some guidance/advice, or would like to just hear your experience, in getting to where you consistently score -2 or -3 on LR. More specifically, was it easy or hard for you to get past -5/6 and get to the -2/3 range. I’m currently scoring on average -5 on timed sections. Not sure if anyone else is struggling to make this breakthrough or not. Thanks.

Mecheman

New

Re: Getting LR from -5, -6 to -2, -3

Post by Mecheman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:49 am

King of the North wrote:Hey everyone. As the title suggests, I’d like some guidance/advice, or would like to just hear your experience, in getting to where you consistently score -2 or -3 on LR. More specifically, was it easy or hard for you to get past -5/6 and get to the -2/3 range. I’m currently scoring on average -5 on timed sections. Not sure if anyone else is struggling to make this breakthrough or not. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat and would really like to hear how others have gotten past this point

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Started missing -6 and got down to -3 after reading Manhattan LSAT LR and doing a lot of untimed drilling (question type focused mostly). Learn to do something right, do it repeatedly, and the timing aspect will take care of itself.

Be rock solid when it comes to conditional logic.

Dominate the first 12-15 questions (time & accuracy)

Develop a keen awareness of LSAT reasoning patterns and question type tendencies. For example, make sure you know all the flaws.

Learn how to predict answers for:
Sufficient Assumption
Principle questions
Disagreement
Method of Reasoning
Main Conclusion
Match the Reasoning
Match the Flaw

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:Started missing -6 and got down to -3 after reading Manhattan LSAT LR and doing a lot of untimed drilling (question type focused mostly). Learn to do something right, do it repeatedly, and the timing aspect will take care of itself.

Develop a keen awareness of LSAT reasoning patterns and question type tendencies. For example, make sure you know all the flaws.

Sufficient Assumption
Principle questions
Disagreement
Method of Reasoning
Main Conclusion
Match the Reasoning
Match the Flaw
If you don't mind my asking, do you think the 7Sage LR videos are worth watching if you have been through the LSAT Trainer already?

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:57 am

239840 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:Started missing -6 and got down to -3 after reading Manhattan LSAT LR and doing a lot of untimed drilling (question type focused mostly). Learn to do something right, do it repeatedly, and the timing aspect will take care of itself.

Sufficient Assumption
Principle questions
Disagreement
Method of Reasoning
Main Conclusion
Match the Reasoning
Match the Flaw
If you don't mind my asking, do you think the 7Sage LR videos are worth watching if you have been through the LSAT Trainer already?
Depends on how you're doing. Generally speaking, though, yes. I think The LSAT Trainer is a great book, but I also think it lacks some of the wonderful lessons J.Y. has on conditional and causation "lawgic" that have been extremely helpful to me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”