Testmasters/supplemental studying with BUSY schedule Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CollegeParanoia

New

Testmasters/supplemental studying with BUSY schedule

Post by CollegeParanoia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi everyone,

First time posting here. I'm currently enrolled in the June 2018 Testmasters course (first week in) and decided to do that because of my busy schedule. For reference, I work full-time and my typical day consists of me waking up at 6am and getting home around 6pm, though on Tues/Thurs my day doesn't end until 9pm. My course is 6-10pm Mon/Wed and so as you can see, there's extremely little time for me to study other than the weekend if I plan on getting any sleep.

I know that the course itself and doing the homework isn't enough to get a high score and that a lot of supplemental studying is needed, but I don't know how to fit that all in.

Note: I'm unable to make my workday any shorter due to financial and familial constraints.

If anyone has any advice or has had to study for the LSAT under similar conditions, I would really appreciate any input you have to offer! Esp if you have any study schedules that worked for you.

Also, I have the Bible books and am wondering if incorporating them into my studies will be helpful or if they're incompatible with Testmasters' strategies.

Thank you!

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Testmasters/supplemental studying with BUSY schedule

Post by sparkytrainer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:21 pm

I went to grad school full time and had a full time job, still managed to study and get a 173+.

I studied by taking practice tests in simulated conditions. I took 200+ practice tests over a year.

I would wake up at 7am, class and work until 7pm. Make dinner, then I would take a full practice test and be done around 10:30. Go to sleep, review wrong answers at breakfast.

It can be done. All that matters is HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”