Will LSAC grant accomodations based on older documents? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
commonlaw

New

Will LSAC grant accomodations based on older documents?

Post by commonlaw » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:16 am

I have a diagnosis of a learning disorder that has been confirmed through several different evaluations since I was a small child, most recently when I was 18. Each evaluation recommends the accomodations I am requesting on the LSAT. However, my most recent evaluation was 10 years ago and LSAC states that they only accept evaluations that were done within 5 years of the request. I hoping that LSAC will grant me accommodations based on the documentation I already have rather than making shell out $$$ for yet another evaluation. (Btw, most organization will accept older documentation if it was competed after the requester was 18 years, so I can't help but feel LSACs policy is pretty ridiculous and unfair towards non-traditional students. Moreover, LSACs new policy for automatically providing accomodations based on previous post-secondary tests is unhelpful because the ACT no longer holds my record...) In any case, I was wondering if anyone in a similar situation has experience requesting accomodations and provide some guidance in the matter. Thanks!!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”