When to start drilling? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
G_willy

New

When to start drilling?

Post by G_willy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:52 am

Hi experts,

I am wondering when it is appropriate to start hard drilling logic games. I have been through Manhattan LG and Power score LG. I have the Cambridge drill packets. If I want to score -0/-1 am I better served to really know the Manhattan strategies inside out before starting to drill, or should I start drilling right away and use the LG books more as reference material. I am still trying very hard to make delineations between games in my head so I don't struggle to pinpoint the correct strategy on the real exam. I think the biggest challenge for me so far has been creating a mental framework to attack a fresh game (one which I don't know what category it falls under).

My question - should I start drilling or should I keep reviewing Manhattan LG book until it is literally ingrained in my soul.

preamble

Bronze

Re: When to start drilling?

Post by preamble » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am

What I've decided to do is essentially read through the PS Bible carefully (I take pretty detailed notes as I read, make sure I do all the drills and re-do them if I make any mistakes, etc.) and then, once I actually get through the manual cover-to-cover, I'll then go back, read through each chapter more quickly (maybe a little highlighting here and there) and after each chapter, I'll do a corresponding drill.

commonlaw

New

Re: When to start drilling?

Post by commonlaw » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:38 am

I'm by no means an expert, as I'm still preparing for my first sitting. But the LSAT is a test of mental stanima and one should account for that when practicing. Accordingly, I think there's value in drilling even when you are refining your grasps of the concepts. However, you want to find a balance so you can still rehearse the concepts while your drilling. So at this stage, perhaps drill but don't worry so much about much time it takes to complete a section (but do an entire section or multiple sections before checking your answers to start training your mind to get in the zone).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”