LSAT Gold Violation Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolrapperboi

New

LSAT Gold Violation

Post by lawschoolrapperboi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:39 pm

I took a Sabbath observer test today and was given a "First Verbal/Written Notice" (Gold Violation Notice).
About one or two seconds after finishing the writing section, I stupidly decided to quickly draw a line through the last sentence I had written.
While it seems harmless and happened during a section that doesn't count for much, I'm worried there's a good chance LSAC cancels my score and lists the violation for law schools to see.
Does anybody have any experience or familiarity with the LSAT violation process? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

G_willy

New

Re: LSAT Gold Violation

Post by G_willy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:03 pm

This happened to someone I know, they didn't cancel his score but I am pretty sure it is on the report that goes to admission committees.

cityb101

New

Post by cityb101 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:16 pm

I don't think your score will be canceled necessarily, but there will be a report sent to schools. You'll have to write an addendum for the C&F questions on law school apps.

If you end up retaking, remember that the writing sample is ungraded and probably not even looked at in 99% of applicants' cases. Do it, and don't deviate from the topic, but don't stress over it.

lawschoolrapperboi

New

Post by lawschoolrapperboi » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:53 pm

cityb101 wrote:I don't think your score will be canceled necessarily, but there will be a report sent to schools. You'll have to write an addendum for the C&F questions on law school apps.

If you end up retaking, remember that the writing sample is ungraded and probably not even looked at in 99% of applicants' cases. Do it, and don't deviate from the topic, but don't stress over it.

Thanks. I think you're right. I've already submitted my apps to everywhere, though. Do you think they'll still get a report and I should still write an addendum?

blueprint-nick

New

Post by blueprint-nick » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:27 pm

What is a gold violation?

cityb101

New

Post by cityb101 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 am

lawschoolrapperboi wrote:
cityb101 wrote:I don't think your score will be canceled necessarily, but there will be a report sent to schools. You'll have to write an addendum for the C&F questions on law school apps.

Thanks. I think you're right. I've already submitted my apps to everywhere, though. Do you think they'll still get a report and I should still write an addendum?
Yes and yes. I absolutely think they'll get a report. If I were you, I'd email the schools to notify them that they can likely expect a report and attach a short addendum to that email. Highly recommend having another person (or two) read over that draft before you send it. Sometimes tone is hard to gauge and you want to be very tactful in wording your response

Everybody makes mistakes, and law schools know that. I don't think this is a deal breaker IF you address it well in an addendum. You have an obligation to report (when you certified your law school applications) such academic/professional misconduct

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”