The Official February 2018 Waiters Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
philonomos

New

Re: The Official February 2018 Waiters Thread

Post by philonomos » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:00 pm

casskow12 wrote:I had:

LG
LR
LG
RC
LR

If you had the weird sequencing game about the museum I can confirm that was the real logic games section. Felt poorly for me on this test. M average across 20 PTs was 176 and for this I’d be shocked if I get above a 175 or above. Forgot to bubble in an answer choice on RC and I thought the LR sections were hard in an unusual way. At least for me, it felt like there were more questions that were harder earlier on than there usually are. I.E the nuclear one the ideological media one and the Japanese bell one. Also think the garden seed one got me too.
Definitely the ideological one for me as well. I actually didn't find the museum LG to be too troublesome. Or maybe that's just some unjustified arrogance on my part.

Roadto180

New

Post by Roadto180 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:09 pm

DKM wrote:
StetsonU wrote:
Th real LG had to do with an upper and lower lecture hall and a game about Econ classes and their pre requisites
That's good news for me then. I had that section first.
LG
LR
LG
RC
LR

How are you able to tell which was experimental and which was real?

Also I didn't finish the very last question on my first LG set and for some reason didn't fill in a random circle. I kept debating on sneaking in a random guess but my stupid conscience got the best of me. I hope I'm rewarded with some good mojo on the rest of the test because of this..

I had the same order but I remember those games being in section 3...?

jag9953

New

Post by jag9953 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 pm

In one of my 2game sections, 1 game was about store and ultra store and Another game was about libraries main or neighborhood.
Anyone else see this? Or was this my experimental?

philonomos

New

Post by philonomos » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:28 pm

I think that was your experimental. I only had one LG section and those weren't on it I'm pretty sure.

i also had 3 LR sections. So one of those had to be the experimental. I wish I had had two LG sections instead. Those are so much more fun than LR!

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:30 pm

casskow12 wrote:Are there any people who were going for a 174+ On here? If so how did you feel?

You are on TLS...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Fact: the game about an unknown man and an unknown woman was the real sextion

RapidLUx

New

Post by RapidLUx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Im from New Zealand and my one went

RC
LR
RC
LR
LG

The two RC sections killed me!!

Anyone else have this?

ugatvandy

New

Post by ugatvandy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Hey, I'm not sure how detailed we can be, but would someone feel comfortable pm'ing about that amazon sustainable trees question?

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Do people that had only 2 LR sections remember how many Questions were in the two sections?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DKM

New

Post by DKM » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Bartlet4President wrote:Do people that had only 2 LR sections remember how many Questions were in the two sections?
25 per

Law 202x

New

Post by Law 202x » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:03 pm

jag9953 wrote:I had
LG 23
LR 25
LG 23
RC 27
LR 25.

First section of games I didn't get to the last set.
Second of games, the last 2 games were so weird and were about who goes where, (it had 3 layers each) it totally threw me off. The rules so awkward and frustrating.
The second LG was hard as fuck. I hope that was experimental or I am toast.

Law 202x

New

Post by Law 202x » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:05 pm

casskow12 wrote:I had:

LG
LR
LG
RC
LR

If you had the weird sequencing game about the museum I can confirm that was the real logic games section. Felt poorly for me on this test. M average across 20 PTs was 176 and for this I’d be shocked if I get above a 175 or above. Forgot to bubble in an answer choice on RC and I thought the LR sections were hard in an unusual way. At least for me, it felt like there were more questions that were harder earlier on than there usually are. I.E the nuclear one the ideological media one and the Japanese bell one. Also think the garden seed one got me too.
Do you recall, was that section 1 or 3?

DKM

New

Post by DKM » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:29 pm

Roadto180 wrote:
DKM wrote:
StetsonU wrote:
Th real LG had to do with an upper and lower lecture hall and a game about Econ classes and their pre requisites
That's good news for me then. I had that section first.
LG
LR
LG
RC
LR

How are you able to tell which was experimental and which was real?

Also I didn't finish the very last question on my first LG set and for some reason didn't fill in a random circle. I kept debating on sneaking in a random guess but my stupid conscience got the best of me. I hope I'm rewarded with some good mojo on the rest of the test because of this..

I had the same order but I remember those games being in section 3...?
I could have sworn it was section 1 for me, mostly because I remember being anxious and making multiple diagrams for the u/l lecture hall question before I was able to get in my zone. I remember the last game of section 3 for me was about a craft show, if that helps.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Law 202x wrote:
LG 23
LR 25
LG 23
RC 27
LR 25.

Second of games, the last 2 games were so weird and were about who goes where, (it had 3 layers each) it totally threw me off. The rules so awkward and frustrating.
Here's a list of the real and experimental sections, for those who've not seen one yet: https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=16485

DKM

New

Post by DKM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:51 am

239840 wrote:
Law 202x wrote:
LG 23
LR 25
LG 23
RC 27
LR 25.

Here's a list of the real and experimental sections, for those who've not seen one yet: https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=16485
Thank you for this.

Law 202x

New

Post by Law 202x » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:41 am

239840 wrote:
Law 202x wrote:
LG 23
LR 25
LG 23
RC 27
LR 25.

Oh great, then I'm in the clear. People who have seen my recent posts know that LG is my crappiest section but I feel like Saturday's was close to being one of my best LG sections I've ever done. It seemed too easy at first so when I saw Section III I was like oh crap, that may have been the experimental! And I just drudged through Section III, I bombed it. In multiple regards, I felt this was an easier test than some of the PTs I have taken.

Duckhat

New

Post by Duckhat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:04 am

LG
LR
LG
RC
LR

This was the IDEAL order for me!

The unknown man/woman game was so zany, I rather enjoyed it. The other games didn't feel especially hard so hoping for -0/-1.

Looking at a range of -13 to -6 overall so fingers crossed. Anything below 170 will be a retake unfortunately. Not looking forward to gearing up to study again!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DKM

New

Post by DKM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am

Did anybody think that the RC seemed a bit easier than usual? Normally my biggest problem with RC has always been trying to stay interested in the material enough to understand and process it. I don't know if these passages were inherently more interesting or I maybe I was just more focused for some reason. It's weird because after taking the Feb exam I actually feel more worried about how I did on LR than RC or LG, and that has never happened to me, even on a preptest.

philonomos

New

Post by philonomos » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 pm

I agree, I really enjoyed all of the RC passages. I enjoyed the general topic of the Bok lying one, but I thought the questions either were not very precisely worded or unnecessarily confusing or that wrong answers were wrong because for abnormally tricky small minutiae involved in their wordings.

Roadto180

New

Post by Roadto180 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 am

DKM wrote:Did anybody think that the RC seemed a bit easier than usual? Normally my biggest problem with RC has always been trying to stay interested in the material enough to understand and process it. I don't know if these passages were inherently more interesting or I maybe I was just more focused for some reason. It's weird because after taking the Feb exam I actually feel more worried about how I did on LR than RC or LG, and that has never happened to me, even on a preptest.
SAME HERE!! RC is usually my worse section and I think this time around it might have been my best section. Shocking.

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am

Roadto180 wrote:
DKM wrote:Did anybody think that the RC seemed a bit easier than usual? Normally my biggest problem with RC has always been trying to stay interested in the material enough to understand and process it. I don't know if these passages were inherently more interesting or I maybe I was just more focused for some reason. It's weird because after taking the Feb exam I actually feel more worried about how I did on LR than RC or LG, and that has never happened to me, even on a preptest.
SAME HERE!! RC is usually my worse section and I think this time around it might have been my best section. Shocking.

Had children squealing and playing in the hallway during my second passage... aggravating

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

esqhopefulhilton

New

Post by esqhopefulhilton » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Seems like I can't tell what my LG experimental was. Powerscore reports that the one with the econ classes waas the real one, which also included the museum game. But I feel like the econ one was in the first game section and the museum on the second game section. I'm completely confused

Law 202x

New

Post by Law 202x » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

We took it in an auditorium so I got to sit in one of those cushioned seats with the little foldover desk. It was so comfortable, up until about the fourth section when I kept feeling the need to get up and stretch. I attribute part of my good performance to the excellent chair that I sat in. It was also as cold as heck in there so to have a fabric cushion to retain some of my heat instead of a cold hard plastic chair was an asset.

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:17 pm

[quote="esqhopefulhilton"]Seems like I can't tell what my LG experimental was. Powerscore reports that the one with the econ classes waas the real one, which also included the museum game. But I feel like the econ one was in the first game section and the museum on the second game section. I'm completely confused[/quote

Definitely museum real. My only section

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Law 202x wrote:We took it in an auditorium so I got to sit in one of those cushioned seats with the little foldover desk. It was so comfortable, up until about the fourth section when I kept feeling the need to get up and stretch. I attribute part of my good performance to the excellent chair that I sat in. It was also as cold as heck in there so to have a fabric cushion to retain some of my heat instead of a cold hard plastic chair was an asset.

I would fly to that location !!! :P :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”