Is LSAT RC harder than SAT RC? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RapidLUx

New

Is LSAT RC harder than SAT RC?

Post by RapidLUx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 am

I think LSAT RC is much harder than SAT RC due to the complexity of vocab and the length of some of the questions compared to the SAT

What are your thoughts?

preamble

Bronze

Re: Is LSAT RC harder than SAT RC?

Post by preamble » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:40 am

Well, that would make a lot of sense.

vcap180

Bronze

Post by vcap180 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:15 pm

definitely

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:11 pm

SAT is way easier. When I first took it my Junior year I got a 720 RC. In my Senior year I got 800.

As for LSAT RC, even after 100 hours of prep, I don't think I went I ever went better than -4 on the RC...i also got 168/170 on GRE.

Law 202x

New

Post by Law 202x » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:22 pm

If LSAT was only as easy as hard SAT questions, then most students who were accepted would be ill prepared to succeed in law school. Legal texts are obviously harder than any LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Heyy_Y'all

New

Post by Heyy_Y'all » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Yes.

Lehmanbro42O

New

Post by Lehmanbro42O » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:16 pm

I felt like it was way harder, though in a different way. From what I remember (I'm not gonna go and verify this, rake me over the coals if I am mistaken), SAT RC was littered with difficult vocab and narratives that were possibly difficult to follow, with the questions gauging whether or not you were able to hang on. The LSAT asks structural, bird's eye view, and more analytical questions. You're expected to understand how things figure within the larger framework, intuit positions taken, and make much more difficult inferences. SAT seemed like it was purely getting at reading strength. LSAT was probing something a little different, where being a strong reader is helpful, but not the only big thing being graded.

preamble

Bronze

Post by preamble » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:34 am

Lehmanbro42O wrote:I felt like it was way harder, though in a different way. From what I remember (I'm not gonna go and verify this, rake me over the coals if I am mistaken), SAT RC was littered with difficult vocab and narratives that were possibly difficult to follow, with the questions gauging whether or not you were able to hang on. The LSAT asks structural, bird's eye view, and more analytical questions. You're expected to understand how things figure within the larger framework, intuit positions taken, and make much more difficult inferences. SAT seemed like it was purely getting at reading strength. LSAT was probing something a little different, where being a strong reader is helpful, but not the only big thing being graded.
I would definitely agree with this. I think that you could get a near-perfect or perfect score on the SAT RC simply from previous exposure to more advanced texts - as in, an avid reader would do really well because they've come across complex plot-lines and elevated vocabulary. The LSAT demands a lot more.

I wish they were the same level of difficulty though...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”