Powerscore vs 7sage for logic games Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jessucsbedu

New

Powerscore vs 7sage for logic games

Post by jessucsbedu » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi there. I did one on one tutoring with powerscore. I've found a lot of their tips and tricks useful, but the games are still taking me way too long to complete. I also don't really like how their explanations just say, "well you should magically know how to make these 5 key inferences." With that being said, has anyone tried both powerscore and 7sage for logic games? Which do you find to be superior? I am debating purchasing the basic 7sage package just for their logic game technique videos, but I'm not sure if it's worth the additional money. I also don't want to confuse myself by learning two different techniques. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Skadidas

New

Re: Powerscore vs 7sage for logic games

Post by Skadidas » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:57 pm

All the logic game videos are available for free under their "resources" tab. Those videos should suffice or at least be a valuable supplement to your powerscore knowledge. I wouldn't buy 7sage just for the logic games section, considering they have excellent free content regarding the subject. however, if you needed help in other areas as well, 7sage's basic package may benefit you.

jessucsbedu

New

Post by jessucsbedu » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Yeah, you're right. I think watching the free video explanations should suffice. If I can't figure out the logic behind the rules they use from that, then I probably shouldn't be applying to law school lol. Thanks for the help!

Chaimthegreat

New

Post by Chaimthegreat » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:19 am

I have done both and I would really suggest 7Sage. The explanations are fantastic and you really learn the basics of logic before entering that part of the curriculum (instructing you on how to make the inferences). As previously mentioned, explanations are free.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:57 pm

7Sage

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:10 pm

7Sage

mishpt1

New

Post by mishpt1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:21 pm

MercW07 wrote:7Sage

7Sage, for sure.
Although one of the main benefits of 7Sage is adhering to their fool-proofing, and one would probably reap tremendous benefits by fool-proofing with Powerscore's method too. What I'm trying to say is that for those who mastered LG with 7Sage/foolproofing, it's hard to figure out what percentage is due to 7Sage's method of attacking games, and what is due to fool-proofing.

What I will say, though, with 100% confidence is that 7Sage's method for in/out games, especially those with many conditionals, is far, far superior to Powerscore; they're not even in the same galaxy.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”