Fox LSAT LR Encyclopedia worth it? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
King of the North

Bronze

Fox LSAT LR Encyclopedia worth it?

Post by King of the North » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:47 pm

I’ve been studying for several months now and have at different times studied both the Trainer and the Manhattan LR guide. I’ve decided to wait a year and take the test in September. Now that I have plenty of time to study, is it worth my time and money to read through the Fox LR book? I haven’t been able to find many reviews of the book on this forum, though it’s got great reviews on Amazon and Yelp. Thanks for the help.

rowdy

Bronze

Re: Fox LSAT LR Encyclopedia worth it?

Post by rowdy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:55 pm

King of the North wrote:I’ve been studying for several months now and have at different times studied both the Trainer and the Manhattan LR guide. I’ve decided to wait a year and take the test in September. Now that I have plenty of time to study, is it worth my time and money to read through the Fox LR book? I haven’t been able to find many reviews of the book on this forum, though it’s got great reviews on Amazon and Yelp. Thanks for the help.
This book is better than the other two you mentioned IMO. If you actually follow the advice in the book and take it seriously it is absolutely worth your time. If you cheat and look at the answer choices before you decide for yourself or if you just skim the answer explanations it's not worth anything.

I also recommend the logic games book by the same guy.

Versailles1919

New

Post by Versailles1919 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm

I used the FOX LR Encyclopedia and I really liked it! It has a comical element to it and it runs through each answer choice, explaining why they would be incorrect and why the correct answer is in fact correct. The method helps you understand what correct answers look like, and how to determine which are wrong. If you take to Fox then I definitely recommend Blueprint LSAT Prep as well. They are also very funny and relatable, and it made the LSAT less daunting. Hope this helps!

Bronze

Post by 38981928 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 pm

I absolutely LOVED the Fox LSAT LR book! I did an expensive prep course plus Manhattan LR plus Powerscore LR. My prep course helped a lot for LG and forcing me to take actual timed PTs, but I didn't see consistent gains in LR until I started reading the Fox book. The Fox book was basically my hail mary for LR because for some reason I just could not consistently do well there after 3-4 months of consistent practice/study but the book helped a lot of concepts click for me. I think the humor definitely helped me a lot and it made me enjoy studying for LR.

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Thanks everyone.

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 am

UPDATE: this guy is hilarious. It’s borderline too much at times, but he does an excellent job of giving real-time thought processes that many of us probably have in our fits of frustration with all of the silly arguments made on the lsat. It’s a great book. If anyone was reading this thread and also debating whether they should get the book, I’d say get it. But it should be used as a supplement to other practice books whose primary purpose is to introduce you to and help you master the techniques you should be using on each question type. The Fox book is literally a ton of questions for each question type, and each is followed immediately by an explanation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”