Generalizations as Conditional statements Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Kiri12

New

Generalizations as Conditional statements

Post by Kiri12 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Hello everyone at the forum,

My first time here (very excited to find this). I am currently registered to take my LSATs for the first time on Feb 10. Looking now at conditional statements and ran into a doubt as to how to think about generalizations and the keywords associated with them that indicate conditionals (i.e. all, any, every time, etc) and the negated terms (i.e. none, never, not, etc). Actually, now that I type it down it makes sense and I am able to logically process the information: We are to think of conditional statements as generalizations without possibility of exceptions and (adding value to this post) a conditional statement will not always be subjected to the form of "if..then", yet they can also be expressed in different forms (generalizations) which we can train to spot by becoming aware of the keywords expressed above. Yes! Thank you forum! *Simultaneously*, those keywords denote the sufficient term- expresses that something is sufficient for another to happen.

If there are any flaws in my thinking, I'd appreciate if I was steered in the right direction.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”