Should I use my tax refund to buy 7sage?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
peege

New

Should I use my tax refund to buy 7sage??

Post by peege » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:56 pm

I'm trying to improve on my December score. Here was my breakdown:
LR: -3, -4
RC: -7
LG: -4
-4 in LG was shocking to me, but as you can see I could use some work in every section. Can anyone speak to the quality of 7sage? Is the Ultimate package worth it or can I get by with just buying one of the lower three, since I already own all of the PrepTest publications?

Lattewatcher

New

Re: Should I use my tax refund to buy 7sage??

Post by Lattewatcher » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:30 pm

I was just hovering my mouse over the buy button on 7sage Ultimate. Following!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:47 pm

peege wrote:I'm trying to improve on my December score. Here was my breakdown:
LR: -3, -4
RC: -7
LG: -4
-4 in LG was shocking to me, but as you can see I could use some work in every section. Can anyone speak to the quality of 7sage? Is the Ultimate package worth it or can I get by with just buying one of the lower three, since I already own all of the PrepTest publications?
It's the highest rated LSAT course and I think that's due to JY Ping's (the founder/instructor) ability to break down this test and teach it in a way anyone can understand. I would 100% recommend at least checking out the free trial to see how you like it.

If you have all of the tests it might be worth just getting the $179 starter. You do get a whole lot more with Ult+ (8000+ question bank by type w/ explanations for PTs, LR bundles grouped by type, etc)

If you start with the starter you get the same core curriculum as the Ult+, plus you can upgrade at any time and only pay the difference.

Ask yourself how much you would pay for an extra 1-2 points on the LSAT? I think I feel comfortable saying that you'll almost certainly see that level of improvement.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

somethingElse

Gold

Post by somethingElse » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Another one you could look into is Blueprint's online course. I'd recommend it. Not sure how it compares to 7sage though.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:31 pm

I just bought ultimate+ for my retake. I scored -1 on LG due to 7sage so i really think this will help in LR &RC

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:I just bought ultimate+ for my retake. I scored -1 on LG due to 7sage so i really think this will help in LR &RC

How you likin it so far?
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:I just bought ultimate+ for my retake. I scored -1 on LG due to 7sage so i really think this will help in LR &RC

How you likin it so far?
So far so good. I havent been able to do that much yet, but i do like the videos and structure of the class. I think he explains the LR in simple ways like he does LG and that was the reason I ended up just buying the course. I think I also learn better with videos even if the same material can be covered by text so that in general is a plus. Ik some people says he repeats himself and could condense a bit, I actually like his teaching style because it reinforces it and down the line you remember the exact phrase he would say haha

BagelBiter

New

Post by BagelBiter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 pm

I think that 7Sage is well worth the cost. I have the Ultimate+ package and have worked through the majority of the course. Honestly, I wish that I had focused on 7Sage for my first take—I find the teaching style and study strategies to be much more effective than the other resources I've used (the PS Bibles and the LSAT Trainer). The 7Sage methods are very flexible and seem like they would be easier to stick to on the real test than the more mechanical approaches promoted by PS or the hypercritical flaw approach promoted by the Trainer. However, I am finding that the Trainer and 7Sage compliment each other very well, now that I'm getting deeper into the LR curriculum for 7Sage.

What makes 7Sage so unique, in my opinion, is how interactive the learning process is for an online class. The community is very active and helpful (many TLS users also frequent the 7Sage forums). The study groups and webinars are pretty great. If you don't want to take the leap for the full package, you can start with the basic and upgrade later.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with 7Sage. I do think that the RC curriculum needs some supplementation from an outside source (although 7Sage does promote great test taking strategies for this section—I just find the actual instruction to be lacking), but the LR and LG sections are superb. The analytical tools and practice drill sets that come with it are also really useful. You won't regret it if you go for it—just be aware that to take full advantage of 7Sage's resources, you'll need several months to get through the entirety of the curriculum and practice sets.

peege

New

Post by peege » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 pm

BagelBiter wrote:I think that 7Sage is well worth the cost. I have the Ultimate+ package and have worked through the majority of the course. Honestly, I wish that I had focused on 7Sage for my first take—I find the teaching style and study strategies to be much more effective than the other resources I've used (the PS Bibles and the LSAT Trainer). The 7Sage methods are very flexible and seem like they would be easier to stick to on the real test than the more mechanical approaches promoted by PS or the hypercritical flaw approach promoted by the Trainer. However, I am finding that the Trainer and 7Sage compliment each other very well, now that I'm getting deeper into the LR curriculum for 7Sage.

What makes 7Sage so unique, in my opinion, is how interactive the learning process is for an online class. The community is very active and helpful (many TLS users also frequent the 7Sage forums). The study groups and webinars are pretty great. If you don't want to take the leap for the full package, you can start with the basic and upgrade later.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with 7Sage. I do think that the RC curriculum needs some supplementation from an outside source (although 7Sage does promote great test taking strategies for this section—I just find the actual instruction to be lacking), but the LR and LG sections are superb. The analytical tools and practice drill sets that come with it are also really useful. You won't regret it if you go for it—just be aware that to take full advantage of 7Sage's resources, you'll need several months to get through the entirety of the curriculum and practice sets.
I did buy the Trainer recently, and think I've been convinced to go for at least the starter package on 7sage. Do you have any recommendation for supplementation for RC? I struggle with it, especially on test day.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm

peege wrote:
BagelBiter wrote:I think that 7Sage is well worth the cost. I have the Ultimate+ package and have worked through the majority of the course. Honestly, I wish that I had focused on 7Sage for my first take—I find the teaching style and study strategies to be much more effective than the other resources I've used (the PS Bibles and the LSAT Trainer). The 7Sage methods are very flexible and seem like they would be easier to stick to on the real test than the more mechanical approaches promoted by PS or the hypercritical flaw approach promoted by the Trainer. However, I am finding that the Trainer and 7Sage compliment each other very well, now that I'm getting deeper into the LR curriculum for 7Sage.

I did buy the Trainer recently, and think I've been convinced to go for at least the starter package on 7sage. Do you have any recommendation for supplementation for RC? I struggle with it, especially on test day.
Personally I used 7sage for LG (didn't like the trainer's method) and The Trainer for RC (didn't like 7sage). Used them both for LR.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”