What do you wish you had known before you took the LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lsat_hopeful

New

What do you wish you had known before you took the LSAT?

Post by lsat_hopeful » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Curious to hear insight on what you've learned after taking the test!

kiklavan

Bronze

Re: What do you wish you had known before you took the LSAT?

Post by kiklavan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 pm

If you accidentally pull an all-nighter the night before test day, you can still do well. I hit my average on the head even though after reading everything on TLS I was CONVINCED no sleep = bombed test.

sd812

New

Post by sd812 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:53 am

If you drink coffee every morning, get up extra early and drink it first thing (~1.5-2 hours before check-in is ideal) so you have enough time to use the restroom/get it out of your system well before you enter the testing room. You really don't want to have to go while you're taking the test.

curvybanana63

New

Post by curvybanana63 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm

sd812 wrote:If you drink coffee every morning, get up extra early and drink it first thing (~1.5-2 hours before check-in is ideal) so you have enough time to use the restroom/get it out of your system well before you enter the testing room. You really don't want to have to go while you're taking the test.
Cannot emphasize this enough. I'm also the type of person who needs to be hydrated to be up & alert, but I way overdid it and had to leave to pee during 2 sections. Don't be me.

personpitch

New

Post by personpitch » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:43 pm

I suppose this only applies to the June exam since it's the only one in the afternoon, but I wish I had known to bring something to occupy my time before the exam began that could be thrown away.

The exam location was an hour away from where I lived so I stayed with a friend the night before. They had to go to work early and take their keys with them, so I had to leave their apartment at the same time (~8:45/9AM). Since the exam was at 12:30, I had to chill in a nearby Starbucks with nothing to do for like 2.5 hours, which was dumb and, in hindsight, detrimental to my abilities. (I also could have arranged things differently with my friend I realize, but that's less generally applicable.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:54 pm

the desk situation.

Versailles1919

New

Post by Versailles1919 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:56 pm

Nothing will actually prepare you for test day. Every second of your prep culminates into one exam and the environment is extremely serious. When you turn to the first page of the exam, you realize that this is finally your lsat. I underestimated how quiet and solemn the test center would be, and it made me extremely anxious. My advice would to be to just try your best to stay calm and be focused in on yourself and the exam. Don't let others distract you or let the nature of the exam intimidate you.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 pm

If you can, attempt to go to a test center that uses tables or something instead of tiny desks that give you no room. I knocked all the stuff off my desk at the beginning of one section and it sucked. Turned out fine for me but still, I'd keep that in mind.

BagelBiter

New

Post by BagelBiter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm

april_ludgate wrote:If you can, attempt to go to a test center that uses tables or something instead of tiny desks that give you no room. I knocked all the stuff off my desk at the beginning of one section and it sucked. Turned out fine for me but still, I'd keep that in mind.
Couldn't agree with this more! I know that the junky arm desks at my test center cost me at least a few points on my first attempt. Definitely did not need the added stress of a writing space too small to fit the open test book.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Eleven

New

Post by Eleven » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm

curvybanana63 wrote:
sd812 wrote:If you drink coffee every morning, get up extra early and drink it first thing (~1.5-2 hours before check-in is ideal) so you have enough time to use the restroom/get it out of your system well before you enter the testing room. You really don't want to have to go while you're taking the test.
Cannot emphasize this enough. I'm also the type of person who needs to be hydrated to be up & alert, but I way overdid it and had to leave to pee during 2 sections. Don't be me.
I would have peed my pants before I left during a section. I can't waste that kind of time.

curvybanana63

New

Post by curvybanana63 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:31 am

Eleven wrote:
curvybanana63 wrote:
I would have peed my pants before I left during a section. I can't waste that kind of time.
The thought definitely crossed my mind lol

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Make sure you do plenty of strictly timed practice test because there is a huge difference in terms of endurance between doing 2-3 timed sections in a row and doing all five timed sections in a row.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:11 pm

curvybanana63 wrote:
Eleven wrote:
curvybanana63 wrote:
The thought definitely crossed my mind lol
I have a friend who peed himself during the test. He drank 2 large coffees before the test, so yeah don't do that.

Law 202x

New

Post by Law 202x » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 am

curvybanana63 wrote:
Cost $20,000

Congratulations

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”