How often should I review my strengths Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
StetsonU

New

How often should I review my strengths

Post by StetsonU » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:59 pm

So I am currently studying and spent a week drilling LR all day everyday. I am currently missing -2-4 LR questions per PT (pt 20-30). My question is that I now need to go onto LG and RC but am curious how often you guys/girls review your strengths. I'm thinking to stay fresh I should do 1-2 full LR sections a day on top of my other drilling. Criticism and advice is greatly appreciated on how to keep LR strong

olympia

New

Re: How often should I review my strengths

Post by olympia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Definitely drill LR every single day since it makes up the majority of the LSAT. I recommend that you do one RC passage every other day and an entire LG section every two days. Don’t go a week without doing at least five problems from each section. This is just my opinion, though, and I might be over-doing it with my suggestion.

Edit: I misread your post slightly. Yes, drill LR every day. I recommend doing an LR question of each type (Strengthen, Flaw, etc.). I don’t think an entire LR section is necessary unless you begin getting questions wrong while you are drillling by type. Then, you need to pause and study what question or questions you are getting wrong and why.

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 pm

StetsonU wrote:So I am currently studying and spent a week drilling LR all day everyday. I am currently missing -2-4 LR questions per PT (pt 20-30). My question is that I now need to go onto LG and RC but am curious how often you guys/girls review your strengths. I'm thinking to stay fresh I should do 1-2 full LR sections a day on top of my other drilling. Criticism and advice is greatly appreciated on how to keep LR strong
My suggestion would be do 1 section with careful review every day, going sequentially through a test, with a full test every weekend if you have time. Shoot for 2 full tests a week. I don't think you need to do more than that--you will get more out of careful review of one section every day than you will just pulling the slot machine lever on multiple sections to see if your score improves. If you need extra games help, do some old games sections over again every now and again, or do an extra (old, not fresh) game every day also.

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:40 pm

rowdy wrote:
StetsonU wrote:So I am currently studying and spent a week drilling LR all day everyday. I am currently missing -2-4 LR questions per PT (pt 20-30). My question is that I now need to go onto LG and RC but am curious how often you guys/girls review your strengths. I'm thinking to stay fresh I should do 1-2 full LR sections a day on top of my other drilling. Criticism and advice is greatly appreciated on how to keep LR strong
Shoot for 2 full tests a week.
I don’t think he or she have even studied LG or RC yet.

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:44 pm

olympia wrote:
rowdy wrote:
Shoot for 2 full tests a week.
I don’t think he or she have even studied LG or RC yet. M[/quote]
S/he should get some basic familiarity with games & game strategies first then. I assumed OP had at least a basic understanding of each section. If s/he has already done LR then starting timed sections of RC in the manner I described will be fine IMO.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:08 am

rowdy wrote:
My suggestion would be do 1 section with careful review every day, going sequentially through a test, with a full test every weekend if you have time. Shoot for 2 full tests a week. I don't think you need to do more than that--you will get more out of careful review of one section every day than you will just pulling the slot machine lever on multiple sections to see if your score improves. If you need extra games help, do some old games sections over again every now and again, or do an extra (old, not fresh) game every day also.
I agree with this 100%
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

StetsonU

New

Post by StetsonU » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:45 am

Thank you all very much. I have a basic understanding of all three sections, just RC and LG are considerably behind the LR because i drilled it very hard to get it down.

StetsonU

New

Post by StetsonU » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:46 am

rowdy wrote:
I'm assuming the 1 section a day is 1 section of LR a day with review on top of my drilling of RC/LG?

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:32 am

StetsonU wrote:
rowdy wrote:
I'm assuming the 1 section a day is 1 section of LR a day with review on top of my drilling of RC/LG?
Nope. One section of a test. So over four days you'll have done two LR, one RC, and one AR.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”