Studying for the LSAT on the iPad Pro Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
olympia

New

Studying for the LSAT on the iPad Pro

Post by olympia » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Does anyone else do this? I have all of my PTs and drill questions on my iPad Pro in Notability and I work on them in the app with an Apple Pencil. It saves me from printing out hundreds of copies of questions and PTs. Of course, I also do print out copies sometimes just to make sure I still get the real experience of doing the test with a pencil. When I’m done drilling all of the sections, I’ll be re-doing them all on actual paper.

Notability has been a life saver. I’m able to do problem sets at work and elsewhere without having the hassle of having dozens of pages of paper with me and the actual LSAT books (I’ve scanned the most essential bits from the books and have them in PDF format in Notability; I’m able to write and highlight important parts easily and cleanly).

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: Studying for the LSAT on the iPad Pro

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Use it if its comfortable for you but take PTs and drill sections as you would actually during the exam. Aka printed paper and #2 pencil. It seems like such a simple thing but its very important to be disciplined with studying and PTing in test-like conditions.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:Use it if its comfortable for you but take PTs and drill sections as you would actually during the exam. Aka printed paper and #2 pencil. It seems like such a simple thing but its very important to be disciplined with studying and PTing in test-like conditions.

Yeah you'd be surprised how much a difference doing things on paper makes. Bubbling in sections, for example, takes like ~2 minutes in my experience.

I'm sure it's fine to use to study and drill; however, for PTs and timed drills, I would bite the bullet and practice on paper.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:Use it if its comfortable for you but take PTs and drill sections as you would actually during the exam. Aka printed paper and #2 pencil. It seems like such a simple thing but its very important to be disciplined with studying and PTing in test-like conditions.

Yeah you'd be surprised how much a difference doing things on paper makes. Bubbling in sections, for example, takes like ~2 minutes in my experience.

I'm sure it's fine to use to study and drill; however, for PTs and timed drills, I would bite the bullet and practice on paper.
I wrote in my original post that I will also be doing sections and PTs on paper.

ArthurTimothyRead

New

Post by ArthurTimothyRead » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 pm

You're doing pretty much exactly what I did to study for the LSAT! I purchased digital copies of prep tests/books and would do problems on the documents with the Apple Pencil. It was really convenient and made things easy to organize and review.

Best of luck! And it means anything, I ended up with a 175 using your method :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:14 am

ArthurTimothyRead wrote:You're doing pretty much exactly what I did to study for the LSAT! I purchased digital copies of prep tests/books and would do problems on the documents with the Apple Pencil. It was really convenient and made things easy to organize and review.

Best of luck! And it means anything, I ended up with a 175 using your method :P
Nice! Do you think studying digitally contributed to that 175? I’m sure it provided you with a little bit more study time (and sanity).

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 pm

olympia wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

I wrote in my original post that I will also be doing sections and PTs on paper.
Yeah ik just wanted to emphasize it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”