The Official June 2018 Study Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:08 pm

ThaBlackLord wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:Checking in(ish). Depends on how my cycle shakes out moneywise.
Didn't you already get into Berkeley?
Yes but if the scholly is weak I might just retake it. I am not going for anything less but full or almost full - I don't have that kind of scrilla

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:14 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
ThaBlackLord wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:Checking in(ish). Depends on how my cycle shakes out moneywise.
Yes but if the scholly is weak I might just retake it. I am not going for anything less but full or almost full - I don't have that kind of scrilla
Great avie! I won the lottery last month and, damn, was Hamilton amazing.
Last edited by olympia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThaBlackLord

New

Post by ThaBlackLord » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
ThaBlackLord wrote:
Bloody hell! That's brave of you mate, I don't know if I would have the strength to turn down Berkeley. Do you mind sharing your LSAC GPA and LSAT?

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:56 am

Working full-time, studying 3-4 hours after work, interning during the weekends, and studying 15-20 hours during the weekend is... something else. I hope all of this dedication gets me that 173+ that I so badly need.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:14 pm

olympia wrote:something else
TRIGGGGGGERRREEEDDD
somethingElse wrote:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 pm

on a real note though, keep grinding. this test sucks but you'll get through it!

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Mikey wrote:on a real note though, keep grinding. this test sucks but you'll get through it!
Thank you! I hope so. :)

somethingElse

Gold

Post by somethingElse » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Mikey wrote:
olympia wrote:something else
TRIGGGGGGERRREEEDDD
somethingElse wrote:
oh hey wassup 8)

congrats on being done with the december test, dude!

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paperworkjim

New

Post by paperworkjim » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:20 pm

ThaBlackLord

New

Post by ThaBlackLord » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Can we try to figure the best books or/and program for each LSAT section?
Based on what I've heard so far:
- LR: Manhattan Prep
- LG: The LSAT Trainer
- RC: 7Sage
Any suggestion?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:47 pm

ThaBlackLord wrote:Can we try to figure the best books or/and program for each LSAT section?
Any suggestion?
7sage is great for LG if you use their free youtube videos. If you pay for any of their courses though, they have great LR explanations. With that being said, although I love 7sage, I will admit I don't think their RC stuff is the best, at least for me it wasn't. But who knows, everyone is different and the memory method might work for you. RC is really different from LR and LG in that it is more of a person section as opposed to the mechanical nature of LR/LG. Figure out what works best for you, some people do no notations, and some mark up the whole page, and some do other stuff. I don't have many recommendations other than just trying to figure that out.

the LSAT trainer is better known for LR, and I've gone through a bit of it myself and thought it was good. I've never done anything with Manhattan prep besides using their free explanations on their website.

e: the trainer also has some good info on how to read for structure on RC that is always worth checking out, imo.

doglawin

New

Post by doglawin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:59 pm

CHECKING IN! CHECKING IN! CHECKING IN!

I originally had my heart set on taking the September LSAT and applying this cycle, but I opted to get a year of work experience in, so now I'm doing ...
something else
olympia wrote:Working full-time, studying 3-4 hours after work, interning during the weekends, and studying 15-20 hours during the weekend is... something else. I hope all of this dedication gets me that 173+ that I so badly need.
I know the feels! 3-4 hours of studying after a full work day, everyday, but I definitely need to improve my weekend-studies dedication.

Anyways, I'm excited, y'all!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ThaBlackLord

New

Post by ThaBlackLord » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Mikey wrote:
ThaBlackLord wrote:Can we try to figure the best books or/and program for each LSAT section?
Any suggestion?
7sage is great for LG if you use their free youtube videos. If you pay for any of their courses though, they have great LR explanations. With that being said, although I love 7sage, I will admit I don't think their RC stuff is the best, at least for me it wasn't. But who knows, everyone is different and the memory method might work for you. RC is really different from LR and LG in that it is more of a person section as opposed to the mechanical nature of LR/LG. Figure out what works best for you, some people do no notations, and some mark up the whole page, and some do other stuff. I don't have many recommendations other than just trying to figure that out.

the LSAT trainer is better known for LR, and I've gone through a bit of it myself and thought it was good. I've never done anything with Manhattan prep besides using their free explanations on their website.

e: the trainer also has some good info on how to read for structure on RC that is always worth checking out, imo.
Thanks for your input mate :wink:
What about the Bibles though?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 pm

ThaBlackLord wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Any suggestion?

Thanks for your input mate :wink:
What about the Bibles though?
I never used any of them. I've heard mixed things about the LG bible but tbh I'm not the greatest person to ask about them!

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Any suggestion?
Those are the resources that I recommend for each section as well. This is a great free resource for LR problem explanations (instead of paying for an expensive 7Sage course): https://www.manhattanprep.com/lsat/foru ... ng-f4.html

For RC, you will have to find the method that works best for you (like someone said, LR and LG are mechanical, unlike RC). There are many RC strategies out there and some unique ones that you can find by browsing through this forum section. I have yet to start drilling RC, but I already know it will be my toughest section.

Also, I found the Bibles to be useless and superfluous.

Chaimthegreat

New

Post by Chaimthegreat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Any suggestion?
For me, 7Sage has been by far the best for games. I have had experience with the LG PS Bible and it was a good way to build a foundation. That being said, if you aren't reviewing your LG sections with 7Sage's free videos then... you know... you should try it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Deardevil

Bronze

Post by Deardevil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:36 am

Any suggestion?
Manhattan and LSAT Trainer for LR,
but 7Sage for LG unless you are already good with that section.
In that case, its videos and other free resources are still incredibly valuable.
For RC, every individual has to figure out what works best for himself/herself.

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:02 am

I’ve been slowly going through Grouping games this week. I’ve been finding a more simple, quicker way of solving certain games rather than utilizing the method J.Y. (7Sage) recommends for a particular game. Using my method, I’m able to solve some Grouping games two to three minutes quicker than J.Y. It kinda feels nice to outsmart him.

I want to be done with drilling LG by the end of the first week in January.

cryptonight

New

Post by cryptonight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:02 am

Checking in ya'll. Going to be studying while I finish my last semester of college (full course load), but I'm hoping with enough discipline I'll manage. Writing in June, and with my absolute shit GPA I'm going 170+ or bust. If I can't get above 170 I don't think its worth it.

I got a buddy who gave me his 7sage password, the lsat trainer, and some old bibles, along with a boatload of PT's. Gonna spend the next day coming up with a study plan (i.e. figuring out what resources to use), and then I'm going to dig in. Right now my tentative plan is to go through the whole 7sage curriculum (which I'm guessing will take a month or two), and then just grinding out PT's.

Nonetheless I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'lls. #theprocess

Chaimthegreat

New

Post by Chaimthegreat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:33 am

cryptonight wrote:Checking in ya'll. Going to be studying while I finish my last semester of college (full course load), but I'm hoping with enough discipline I'll manage. Writing in June, and with my absolute shit GPA I'm going 170+ or bust. If I can't get above 170 I don't think its worth it.

I got a buddy who gave me his 7sage password, the lsat trainer, and some old bibles, along with a boatload of PT's. Gonna spend the next day coming up with a study plan (i.e. figuring out what resources to use), and then I'm going to dig in. Right now my tentative plan is to go through the whole 7sage curriculum (which I'm guessing will take a month or two), and then just grinding out PT's.

Nonetheless I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'lls. #theprocess
Doing the 7Sage cc right now! I have the ps bible for LR but haven’t used it. Does anyone have expirience with it and is it any good?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Deardevil

Bronze

Post by Deardevil » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 am

Chaimthegreat wrote: I have the ps bible for LR but haven’t used it. Does anyone have expirience with it and is it any good?
The PowerScore Bible was the first prep material I went through.
Wasn't that great. My recommendation: get Manhattan LR instead.

ThaBlackLord

New

Post by ThaBlackLord » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Here is the recap then:

LR: Manhattan & LSAT Trainer
LG: 7Sage
It seems kinda hard to get better at RC. It seems like there is no consensus regarding one book or online course

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:44 pm

ThaBlackLord wrote:Here is the recap then:

It seems kinda hard to get better at RC. It seems like there is no consensus regarding one book or online course
Yes, perfect. Yeah, getting better at RC is definitely a personal journey. I’m dreading it.

By the way - great username and avatar. :)

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 pm

ThaBlackLord wrote:Here is the recap then:

From my experience and knowing as many people as I do that have taken the LSAT, I think people mainly just try to practice RC and try out different things like no notations, or they use a notation system (like look up Nicole's RC strategy on youtube), or for some they just kind of do their own thing and do like small notations but their own way.

there are things you could learn that may help though for certain questions in RC, like the difference between inference questions (the answer not being explicitly stated) vs questions that say "according to the passage" where the answer choice is explicitly stated in the passage, almost word for word. little things like that, but I think with practice you catch onto that stuff anyway.

if you make a free 7sage account, I think you can view their webinars. they have some RC ones (and LR/LG) that you may find helpful!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”