The Official June 2018 Study Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NotLawDog

New

Re: The Official June 2018 Study Thread

Post by NotLawDog » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:43 pm

Whats everyone's opinion regarding whether you should drill LG question by question, or all together with all question types mixed?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 pm

NotLawDog wrote:Whats everyone's opinion regarding whether you should drill LG question by question, or all together with all question types mixed?
Start by type and drill by the 7sage fool proof. Then when you know the types and have done plenty of games by type you can just drill how you want

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:49 pm

NotLawDog wrote:Whats everyone's opinion regarding whether you should drill LG question by question, or all together with all question types mixed?
Drill by type using the 7sage fool proof method, and then when you get plenty of experience you can just drill hard games or whichever ones you want.

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Is there a specific reason why we aren’t able to PM people anymore?

KingRR3

New

Post by KingRR3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:42 pm

1st time test taker Checking in, hope everyone's studying is going well so far.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jdhoosier17

New

Post by Jdhoosier17 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:17 pm

olympia wrote:Is there a specific reason why we aren’t able to PM people anymore?
I noticed that too! so frustrating!
I also saw that you have been studying for a year and a half, correct? What material have you been studying during that time? I would be completely willing to do that but wouldn't you run out of PTs??

lukeob

New

Post by lukeob » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi everyone! Just created a TLS account but been reading forums here for a while. I'm signed up for the June test, located in the Bay Area. Hope your studying is going well.

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:56 pm

checking in

choul13

New

Post by choul13 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:59 am

Does anyone know of any good tutors or any companies through which I can find a good 1 on 1 tutor?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Checking in! Just got my score for Feb. Highly considering June or July test. Would be interested in an online study partner. I would prefer they are 165+. I have a 170 on record and am looking for at least 172 on next test. I can create a throwaway account on email to publish on here if there is anybody interested in working together. Looking to perfect LR and we can talk about LG. Also happy to do RC things, but I have found that review on RC isn’t as effective.

Good luck all.

dclark234

New

Post by dclark234 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 pm

Checking In.. any must have study materials?
I am currently using Manhattan LG & LR and its a bit confusing.

blueprint-nick

New

Re: June 2018 Prep

Post by blueprint-nick » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Logic wrote:Hi guys,

Since there's a lot of time left before the test date, I'm considering taking a tunneled vision approach to studying. The aim is to focus on mastering a section before moving on to the next. For example, my best and favorite section of the test is the logic games. I see a lot of potential for improvement here, so I've decided to focus solely on the logic games section for the next few weeks. I plan on reading through the entire logic games bible so as to learn the fundamentals before taking on drills. I have a pretty solid logic background and I think it would help me cement the foundation before moving on to the next sections.

I chose to take this approach because I noticed that whenever I take a LG section untimed, I usually get no more than 3 wrong. This led me to conclude that, the time constraint is what I am struggling with. If I can train myself to increase my speed without giving up my accuracy, I am confident that I would do really well on LG.

What are everyone's thought on this approach? Could this lead to burnout? Any suggestions on how to do this efficiently?
LGs is definitely the most fun place to start because the marginal returns are the highest. However, I would recommend a more synthesized approach to the test and maybe work on two sections at a time? If you only focus on one section at a time by the time you return to it after finishing the last section you will be out of shape!

Logic

New

Re: June 2018 Prep

Post by Logic » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:22 pm

blueprint-nick wrote:
Logic wrote:Hi guys,

Since there's a lot of time left before the test date, I'm considering taking a tunneled vision approach to studying. The aim is to focus on mastering a section before moving on to the next. For example, my best and favorite section of the test is the logic games. I see a lot of potential for improvement here, so I've decided to focus solely on the logic games section for the next few weeks. I plan on reading through the entire logic games bible so as to learn the fundamentals before taking on drills. I have a pretty solid logic background and I think it would help me cement the foundation before moving on to the next sections.

I chose to take this approach because I noticed that whenever I take a LG section untimed, I usually get no more than 3 wrong. This led me to conclude that, the time constraint is what I am struggling with. If I can train myself to increase my speed without giving up my accuracy, I am confident that I would do really well on LG.

What are everyone's thought on this approach? Could this lead to burnout? Any suggestions on how to do this efficiently?
LGs is definitely the most fun place to start because the marginal returns are the highest. However, I would recommend a more synthesized approach to the test and maybe work on two sections at a time? If you only focus on one section at a time by the time you return to it after finishing the last section you will be out of shape!
For sure, I ended up synthesizing it when I became bored with LG. I've been much better since then.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TLatting

New

Post by TLatting » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Checking in! Currently studying the Powerscore Bibles for LG and LR. I'm focusing more on LG at first then I will start to divide my time between the two. This will be my second time taking the LSAT, but the first time I actually studied for it. Any advice for the LG and LR sections would be great! Good luck to everyone!

Nicolezzz13

New

Post by Nicolezzz13 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:18 am

lukeob wrote:Hi everyone! Just created a TLS account but been reading forums here for a while. I'm signed up for the June test, located in the Bay Area. Hope your studying is going well.
I'm in the exact same situation. Bay Area, and have been stalking these forums forever and finally decided to get an account.

Also- is anyone also going to sign up for the July test date in addition to the June one? It's weird since it's new, but like, I tend to be more relaxed the second time I'm taking a standardized test so may find it beneficial to sign up for both June and July? Idk

Dybbuk

New

Post by Dybbuk » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Has anyone had any luck in foolproofing RC? I feel like it's my greatest liability come test time. LG and LR average around -3 for me, but my RC scores are much harder to predict, probably around -4 or -5. Since I'm already on the bubble of cracking 170, I can't afford a -6 or something come test day. But I feel like it's the hardest section to figure out how to improve on.

Baylor28

New

Post by Baylor28 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:56 pm

What's the Best in class/online prep course to take starting now until to the june lsat?

The order of sections im good at: LG, LR, RC. However "good" is probably not as good as yalls. I get about 18-20/23 LG; about 30/50 LR, 12/27 RC.
I know my RC is horrific, LR is mediocre, and LG needs to be perfect.
What can I do? I'm consistently PTing at 153, I want to jump at least to a 158...
Any thoughts? REALLY Want to do this by June TEST.

Looking for a daily schedule that, if i follow to the exact schedule, Should help me get there.
cracking 160 would be nice too tho.

Any advice for June LSAT?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Logic

New

Post by Logic » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:10 pm

Baylor28 wrote:What's the Best in class/online prep course to take starting now until to the june lsat?

The order of sections im good at: LG, LR, RC. However "good" is probably not as good as yalls. I get about 18-20/23 LG; about 30/50 LR, 12/27 RC.
I know my RC is horrific, LR is mediocre, and LG needs to be perfect.
What can I do? I'm consistently PTing at 153, I want to jump at least to a 158...
Any thoughts? REALLY Want to do this by June TEST.

Looking for a daily schedule that, if i follow to the exact schedule, Should help me get there.
cracking 160 would be nice too tho.

Any advice for June LSAT?
My recommendation would be 7Sage but I’m sure there are equally great options. My LG scores were way worse than yours when I started but through foolproofing I’ve gotten down to -0.

Judging by your LR scores strengthening your fundamental understanding of the LR section might help a lot both LR AND RC. 7Sage does a great job of teaching this to students. Though I’d a pretty great background in conditional logic, their method of teaching it bolstered my understanding and improved my performance on the LR sections.

Regardless of what program you decide to go with. Try out 7Sage foolproofing method LG. It works wonders.

happygogo

New

Post by happygogo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:44 am

Hello,

Just signed up for the June exam a couple of days ago..

It will be my first LSAT. Currently enrolled in a powerscore in-class course.

Cold diagnostic was about a 151.. got scared and signed up for July, as well.

My goal is a 170.

Just checking in!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”