The Official February 2018 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How long have you been studying for Feb.?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 pm

I'd rather not say
2
17%
About to start
4
33%
1 month
0
No votes
2-3 months
0
No votes
4+ months
3
25%
So long I'm expecting a study baby come Feb. 10th
3
25%
 
Total votes: 12

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:54 pm

paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:PT 66
RC: -1
LR: -3
LG: -0

Score 177

BR
RC: -0
LR: -3
LG: -0

BR: 178

I'm in shock... Even if this is my new performance level I'm going to second guess myself because of my test day under performance issue.

Edit because typo in BR LG score. Wasn't -2...


Damn looks like you seriously broke a plateau, experiment. Any clue what changed? I'm in the plateau you were in earlier.


I honestly think this specific test was a fluke which played to my strengths and none of my weaknesses. But, regarding the general bump from 169-171 before the December test and now two scores in the mid 170's, it's honestly probably the change in RA for my learning disability. The only other thing I can think of is that I got a lot better at my two "weakest" question types for according to the 7sage priority tracker. I wish I could say for sure that it was something else that made things click on something that was messing me up.

paperworkjim

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby paperworkjim » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:53 am

Experiment626 wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:PT 66
RC: -1
LR: -3
LG: -0

Score 177

BR
RC: -0
LR: -3
LG: -0

BR: 178

I'm in shock... Even if this is my new performance level I'm going to second guess myself because of my test day under performance issue.

Edit because typo in BR LG score. Wasn't -2...


Damn looks like you seriously broke a plateau, experiment. Any clue what changed? I'm in the plateau you were in earlier.


I honestly think this specific test was a fluke which played to my strengths and none of my weaknesses. But, regarding the general bump from 169-171 before the December test and now two scores in the mid 170's, it's honestly probably the change in RA for my learning disability. The only other thing I can think of is that I got a lot better at my two "weakest" question types for according to the 7sage priority tracker. I wish I could say for sure that it was something else that made things click on something that was messing me up.


Just took PT 66 and also scored a 178, which is a huge outlier for me. Usually score in the 172 - 175 range.

I think the specific test is really geared to people whose fundamentals are strong, and was really heavy on conditional logic, and not many MSS questions, which I struggle on.

I also have tried a new strategy -- which 7sage recommends, to just be a lot more aggressive and using an extremely aggressive skipping strategy -- getting through all 26 questions in 26. This seems to be more succesful. Any success using this method?

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:09 pm

paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:PT 66
RC: -1
LR: -3
LG: -0

Score 177

BR
RC: -0
LR: -3
LG: -0

BR: 178

I'm in shock... Even if this is my new performance level I'm going to second guess myself because of my test day under performance issue.

Edit because typo in BR LG score. Wasn't -2...


Damn looks like you seriously broke a plateau, experiment. Any clue what changed? I'm in the plateau you were in earlier.


I honestly think this specific test was a fluke which played to my strengths and none of my weaknesses. But, regarding the general bump from 169-171 before the December test and now two scores in the mid 170's, it's honestly probably the change in RA for my learning disability. The only other thing I can think of is that I got a lot better at my two "weakest" question types for according to the 7sage priority tracker. I wish I could say for sure that it was something else that made things click on something that was messing me up.


Just took PT 66 and also scored a 178, which is a huge outlier for me. Usually score in the 172 - 175 range.

I think the specific test is really geared to people whose fundamentals are strong, and was really heavy on conditional logic, and not many MSS questions, which I struggle on.

I also have tried a new strategy -- which 7sage recommends, to just be a lot more aggressive and using an extremely aggressive skipping strategy -- getting through all 26 questions in 26. This seems to be more succesful. Any success using this method?


I actually haven't used 7sage's methods. I just use their tracker for analytic stuff. My methods are from a local course and tutoring from the course's creator tailored to my issues after observing me at various points in my progress and addressing my deficiencies.

User avatar
239840

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby 239840 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Two weeks left. :shock: Definitely getting a bit nervous.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Man, I am not feeling great about this take. I might just chill until June :(

paperworkjim

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby paperworkjim » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:Man, I am not feeling great about this take. I might just chill until June :(


What's the matter? Last I remember it you've been crushing it for a full year now.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:45 pm

paperworkjim wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:Man, I am not feeling great about this take. I might just chill until June :(


What's the matter? Last I remember it you've been crushing it for a full year now.


I haven't been studying as much lately. I have a score I'm satisfied with, but I'd prefer to hit my PT range. Also, I'm applying next cycle and this will be my 4th take so I feel like deferring this last take until I feel 100% about it.

Sorry if that was tmi :P

paperworkjim

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby paperworkjim » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:Man, I am not feeling great about this take. I might just chill until June :(


What's the matter? Last I remember it you've been crushing it for a full year now.


I haven't been studying as much lately. I have a score I'm satisfied with, but I'd prefer to hit my PT range. Also, I'm applying next cycle and this will be my 4th take so I feel like deferring this last take until I feel 100% about it.

Sorry if that was tmi :P


That's totally understandable man (not TMI at all). What do you think is preventing you from getting into that PT range? Luck? Nervousness? I applaud you for putting up with the LSAT for this long, honestly. Lol.

Are you shooting for T14? I am sortof in the same position as you -- I don't want to take until I'm 100% ready b/c I am gunning for Yale (longterm partner goes there + I want to shoot for academia) and am scared of wasting that first take, since Yale is the only school that seems to take takes into account. I'm PTing in the mid 170s, but want to get to high 170s so I have something to fall back on.

We're in it together brotha!!!

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:57 pm

I would like to motion that after the Feb test, the waiter's thread be created in TLS and not here. I don't have it in my to continue bouncing between two sites during this transition. Today has been bad enough.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:27 pm

paperworkjim wrote:That's totally understandable man (not TMI at all). What do you think is preventing you from getting into that PT range? Luck? Nervousness? I applaud you for putting up with the LSAT for this long, honestly. Lol.

Are you shooting for T14? I am sortof in the same position as you -- I don't want to take until I'm 100% ready b/c I am gunning for Yale (longterm partner goes there + I want to shoot for academia) and am scared of wasting that first take, since Yale is the only school that seems to take takes into account. I'm PTing in the mid 170s, but want to get to high 170s so I have something to fall back on.

We're in it together brotha!!!


To be honest it is laziness, I have no excuses.

Yeah, I'm targeting Duke because I want to practice in the south. I'm deferring this cycle for personal reasons, and the retake is mostly for $$$ options. You already know this, but if you're gunning for Yale then waiting until you're absolutely certain you'll kill it on the first take is the way to go. I don't advocate taking this stupid test more than you have to, lol.

Also,




Experiment626 wrote:I would like to motion that after the Feb test, the waiter's thread be created in TLS and not here. I don't have it in my to continue bouncing between two sites during this transition. Today has been bad enough.


I hope somehow things revert back to the way they were, because this change blows.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:I would like to motion that after the Feb test, the waiter's thread be created in TLS and not here. I don't have it in my to continue bouncing between two sites during this transition. Today has been bad enough.


I hope somehow things revert back to the way they were, because this change blows.


I mean, I'd rather TLS not die off. But only way I see that happening is if the site transitions out of that dude's hands. I'm already seeing shit from his company on my screen and I feel dirty after reading about him.


Also, let me just say for something on topic, that drilling after work has been horrible for my self confidence at times this last week. After going -1 in RC on Sat, I went -7 after work the other day... My LR and LG are staying strong with a -2-4 per LR section and -0 LG. I know I need to take it with a grain of salt that I'm on hour 12+ of my day, but when that's the bulk of the time you can study, it's hard not to freak out and accept that PT Simulation day is a better measure of your abilities.

paperworkjim

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby paperworkjim » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:That's totally understandable man (not TMI at all). What do you think is preventing you from getting into that PT range? Luck? Nervousness? I applaud you for putting up with the LSAT for this long, honestly. Lol.

Are you shooting for T14? I am sortof in the same position as you -- I don't want to take until I'm 100% ready b/c I am gunning for Yale (longterm partner goes there + I want to shoot for academia) and am scared of wasting that first take, since Yale is the only school that seems to take takes into account. I'm PTing in the mid 170s, but want to get to high 170s so I have something to fall back on.

We're in it together brotha!!!


To be honest it is laziness, I have no excuses.

Yeah, I'm targeting Duke because I want to practice in the south. I'm deferring this cycle for personal reasons, and the retake is mostly for $$$ options. You already know this, but if you're gunning for Yale then waiting until you're absolutely certain you'll kill it on the first take is the way to go. I don't advocate taking this stupid test more than you have to, lol.


Experiment626 wrote:I would like to motion that after the Feb test, the waiter's thread be created in TLS and not here. I don't have it in my to continue bouncing between two sites during this transition. Today has been bad enough.


I hope somehow things revert back to the way they were, because this change blows.


You think so? A part of me thinks I shouldn't delay a cycle and just take this damn test and hope I can slide into Yale. I just wish they weren't so damn opaque about their admissions.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

paperworkjim wrote:You think so? A part of me thinks I shouldn't delay a cycle and just take this damn test and hope I can slide into Yale. I just wish they weren't so damn opaque about their admissions.


Right now, how many do you miss on:
LR drills
RC drills
LG drills

And what's your PT range for the past 5 tests?

paperworkjim

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby paperworkjim » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:42 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:You think so? A part of me thinks I shouldn't delay a cycle and just take this damn test and hope I can slide into Yale. I just wish they weren't so damn opaque about their admissions.


Right now, how many do you miss on:
LR drills
RC drills
LG drills

And what's your PT range for the past 5 tests?


LG I have still yet to go -0 on a set... it's where I struggle the most. Honestly, I have done everything and back -- Foolproof/Re-doing all Games 1-35/everything under the sun. Nothing seems to work.

I don't do much LR/RC Drills -- Mostly just prep tests. The drills that I do are normally re-takes of old questions, and I'll usually go -0 or -1 for a set of 50. I think I probably do so well because I have a good memory, and even though I don't know the exact answer -- can usually remember it somewhat.

LG is my bane. Causes my score to go crazy. Sometimes I just bomb, but that might be for burnout reasons.

For example, last five PTs:
66 - 178 (-1 LG, -2 LR, -1 RC)
68 - 168 (-8 LG, -4 LR, -2 RC)
62 - 175 (-2 LG, -3 LR, -4 RC)
67 - 172 (-2 LG, -3 LR, -3 RC)
79 - 173 (-4 LG, -4 LR, -0 RC)

Scores before that are PT 78 (175, -3 LG, -3 LR, -0 RC), PT 73 (175, -4 LR, -0 RC). At this point, should I get a tutor to help me out on LG? Now that I'm looking at my scores, it's ridic how much LG is holding me back. It is clearly holding me back from the upper 170s. lol

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:13 pm

paperworkjim wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:You think so? A part of me thinks I shouldn't delay a cycle and just take this damn test and hope I can slide into Yale. I just wish they weren't so damn opaque about their admissions.


Right now, how many do you miss on:
LR drills
RC drills
LG drills

And what's your PT range for the past 5 tests?


LG I have still yet to go -0 on a set... it's where I struggle the most. Honestly, I have done everything and back -- Foolproof/Re-doing all Games 1-35/everything under the sun. Nothing seems to work.

I don't do much LR/RC Drills -- Mostly just prep tests. The drills that I do are normally re-takes of old questions, and I'll usually go -0 or -1 for a set of 50. I think I probably do so well because I have a good memory, and even though I don't know the exact answer -- can usually remember it somewhat.

LG is my bane. Causes my score to go crazy. Sometimes I just bomb, but that might be for burnout reasons.

For example, last five PTs:
66 - 178 (-1 LG, -2 LR, -1 RC)
68 - 168 (-8 LG, -4 LR, -2 RC)
62 - 175 (-2 LG, -3 LR, -4 RC)
67 - 172 (-2 LG, -3 LR, -3 RC)
79 - 173 (-4 LG, -4 LR, -0 RC)

Scores before that are PT 78 (175, -3 LG, -3 LR, -0 RC), PT 73 (175, -4 LR, -0 RC). At this point, should I get a tutor to help me out on LG? Now that I'm looking at my scores, it's ridic how much LG is holding me back. It is clearly holding me back from the upper 170s. lol


Have you tried any of the LG books like Powerscore or Manhattan?

wolfe

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby wolfe » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Kaplan is offering free prep courses online right now!! (For those who want more prep) There's sessions that are centered around achieving a higher score.

http://welcome.kaptest.com/prepforthewin?user=LMLZ88

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 pm

0.0

Not sure if this is regular trolling or Kaplan sensing the death spiral of TLS and trying to get people. Also, 2 weeks before the test? Really?

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:51 am

I am not happy with being wide wake for almost two hours today... I could have had an extra hour of sleep for test day simulation...

Trying to decide if I retake PT 79 after 7 months or PT 65 which I've never touched...

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:49 am

Ugh...printed the PDF of my PT last night and now that I'm done with my S1 exp, realized the alignment is off on the actual test regarding how the pages align on real test day. IE RC passage is one side and the second page of questions for it is on the back side versus spread across two pages side by side. Same for games. Wasting paper sucks, but at least it can be recycle. I'm more pissed about the time I have to take to reprint which reduces test day simulation between these two sections...

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:50 pm

wolfe wrote:Kaplan is offering free prep courses online right now!! (For those who want more prep) There's sessions that are centered around achieving a higher score.

http://welcome.kaptest.com/prepforthewin?user=LMLZ88


Fuck off. Nobody wants your free dog shit.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:06 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
wolfe wrote:Kaplan is offering free prep courses online right now!! (For those who want more prep) There's sessions that are centered around achieving a higher score.

http://welcome.kaptest.com/prepforthewin?user=LMLZ88


Fuck off. Nobody wants your free dog shit.


180

PT 79

LR: -3
RC: -3
LG: -0

Score: 175

BR
LR: -1
RC: -1
LG: -0

BR Score: 180

I knew that 177 last week was a fluke.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:
wolfe wrote:Kaplan is offering free prep courses online right now!! (For those who want more prep) There's sessions that are centered around achieving a higher score.

http://welcome.kaptest.com/prepforthewin?user=LMLZ88


Fuck off. Nobody wants your free dog shit.


180

PT 79

LR: -3
RC: -3
LG: -0

Score: 175

BR
LR: -1
RC: -1
LG: -0

BR Score: 180

I knew that 177 last week was a fluke.


You're reminding me of my need to BR. Keep it up man, you're killing it. Also, should I just move this to TLS? That shill for Kaplan, mixed with the fact that mods aren't as active on here, makes me think it could be worth it.

paperworkjim

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby paperworkjim » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:04 pm

PT 55
-2 LR
-2 RC
-3 LG
Score: 172

That -9 curve sucks, man. If I can get down to -0 in LG, that's a 175 in the bank.

User avatar
Experiment626

Silver
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby Experiment626 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
You're reminding me of my need to BR. Keep it up man, you're killing it. Also, should I just move this to TLS? That shill for Kaplan, mixed with the fact that mods aren't as active on here, makes me think it could be worth it.


I guess? I'm sick of bouncing between the forums. This is only for another 1.5 weeks. If we don't, I'm just going to continue using the June one. Maybe we should get O'Drama to change that thread to the Feb and June study group.

paperworkjim wrote:PT 55
-2 LR
-2 RC
-3 LG
Score: 172

That -9 curve sucks, man. If I can get down to -0 in LG, that's a 175 in the bank.


Any test with less than a 10 for the curve sucks. It should be a rule that there cannot be a curve where none of the 170 scores are impossible.

paperworkjim

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 am

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Postby paperworkjim » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:46 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:
paperworkjim wrote:You think so? A part of me thinks I shouldn't delay a cycle and just take this damn test and hope I can slide into Yale. I just wish they weren't so damn opaque about their admissions.


Right now, how many do you miss on:
LR drills
RC drills
LG drills

And what's your PT range for the past 5 tests?


LG I have still yet to go -0 on a set... it's where I struggle the most. Honestly, I have done everything and back -- Foolproof/Re-doing all Games 1-35/everything under the sun. Nothing seems to work.

I don't do much LR/RC Drills -- Mostly just prep tests. The drills that I do are normally re-takes of old questions, and I'll usually go -0 or -1 for a set of 50. I think I probably do so well because I have a good memory, and even though I don't know the exact answer -- can usually remember it somewhat.

LG is my bane. Causes my score to go crazy. Sometimes I just bomb, but that might be for burnout reasons.

For example, last five PTs:
66 - 178 (-1 LG, -2 LR, -1 RC)
68 - 168 (-8 LG, -4 LR, -2 RC)
62 - 175 (-2 LG, -3 LR, -4 RC)
67 - 172 (-2 LG, -3 LR, -3 RC)
79 - 173 (-4 LG, -4 LR, -0 RC)

Scores before that are PT 78 (175, -3 LG, -3 LR, -0 RC), PT 73 (175, -4 LR, -0 RC). At this point, should I get a tutor to help me out on LG? Now that I'm looking at my scores, it's ridic how much LG is holding me back. It is clearly holding me back from the upper 170s. lol


Have you tried any of the LG books like Powerscore or Manhattan?


I haven't put as much investment into these. I thought just doing foolproofing would be enough. Do you recommend doing that? I just didn't want to waste time if they are not useful.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests