The Official February 2018 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How long have you been studying for Feb.?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 pm

I'd rather not say
17%
About to start
33%
1 month
No votes
2-3 months
No votes
4+ months
25%
So long I'm expecting a study baby come Feb. 10th
25%

Total votes: 12

PrezRand

Gold

Re: The Official February 2018 Study Group

Post by PrezRand » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:54 am

Need a study plan. Gonna figure that out within the next day or two. I have a lot of time so I'm wondering if I should review LR, LG, and RC every day or just pick one and focus on that each day.

PS-Anyone know if Duke takes the feb test into consideration? They weren't clear on their website.

mdelacruz

New

Post by mdelacruz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:19 pm

Checking in.

Just starting to wade back into studying for this now. Really hoped I wasn't gonna be in this position (didn't we all?). Spent the first couple weeks after the December test thrilled it was finally over and unable to think/look at anything LSAT-related for fear of vomiting. Seeing my sorry score of 161 the other week did nothing to help, especially after seeing I significantly underperformed on LR. Been in the doldrums since last Friday.

Here's to hoping this is the last time us retakers need to go through this.

futurehoosierJD

New

Post by futurehoosierJD » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:20 pm

This might be a dumb question, but when LSAC says the deadline to register for the Feb administration is midnight on 1/4, do they mean I have until midnight tonight, or midnight tomorrow? I am a little embarrassed that I am asking this...

I am supposed to take a makeup exam this weekend, but the holidays really messed with my studying. Might need to delay for the Feb administration.

highLSATurm

New

Post by highLSATurm » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:56 am

I’ve already taken the LSAT. I’m helping my old classmate / roommate study for the Feb 2018 test.

I combed through TLS, Reddit & even tried to research release dates on Amazon.com to find the answer to my question:

When are December tests fully released to the public as purchasable PT? Before the Feb test is administered? after the February test is administered?
More specifically - should we expect the December 2017 test [PR 83] to be available as a PT that she can study with before sitting for the Feb test, or will it not be available until after the Feb test is administered?

Is this one of those “sometimes Dec. LSAT are released in Jan, sometimes not till March - it depends”. Thatwould
give us hope.

Since everyone who sat for Dec 2017 has already gotten their test book released to them on LSAC.org, is there any ETHICAL away to get an unofficial copy of the Dec 2017 online or from a December test taker or from another ethically sound before the Feb 2018 administration?

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:35 am

assumption questions will be the death of me 90% of them I narrow down to two answers and pick the wrong answer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Carly Jo

New

Post by Carly Jo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:39 am

highLSATurm wrote:I’ve already taken the LSAT. I’m helping my old classmate / roommate study for the Feb 2018 test.

I combed through TLS, Reddit & even tried to research release dates on Amazon.com to find the answer to my question:

When are December tests fully released to the public as purchasable PT? Before the Feb test is administered? after the February test is administered?
More specifically - should we expect the December 2017 test [PR 83] to be available as a PT that she can study with before sitting for the Feb test, or will it not be available until after the Feb test is administered?

Is this one of those “sometimes Dec. LSAT are released in Jan, sometimes not till March - it depends”. Thatwould
give us hope.

Since everyone who sat for Dec 2017 has already gotten their test book released to them on LSAC.org, is there any ETHICAL away to get an unofficial copy of the Dec 2017 online or from a December test taker or from another ethically sound before the Feb 2018 administration?
Preptest 83 is available through Amazon prime on January 27.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:16 pm

Friendly remind to REGISTER BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT EASTERN TIME

Blougram

New

Post by Blougram » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:04 pm

assumption questions will be the death of me 90% of them I narrow down to two answers and pick the wrong answer.
1. The test-taker's argument depends on the assumption that

(A) S/he will answer 10% of the assumption questions correctly

(B) The cumulative effect of answering assumption questions of the February test, 90% of which the test-taker will narrow down to two possible answers, may lead to his/her demise

(C) In order to answer assumption questions correctly, the test-taker needs to master the skill of narrowing each question down to two possible answers

(D) As to the assumption questions on the February LSAT administration, the test-taker will choose the incorrect answer 90% of the time.

(E) At least 90% of the assumption questions have more than two possible answers.

Pipp

New

Post by Pipp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Registered and checking in!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:24 pm

Drilled my first LR and LG sections to time since December's test... LR -4, LG -0... Glad to see I haven't slipped too much. Will be doing LR and RC tomorrow.

sabraph

Bronze

Post by sabraph » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Have been reviewing the Bibles, Trainer, and Fox LSAT. I think I glossed over the Trainer too much in my previous prep. It's been really helpful even at this stage!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:08 am

About to do my first full PT since the Dec test. Not feeling the best, sleep wasn't great and I'm feeling kinda headcoldish...

Here we go, PT68...

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:36 pm

PT 52 S1 #16...JFC

Also if anyone wants a new poll hit me up :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

greatspirit

Bronze

Post by greatspirit » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:10 pm

...and I haven't studied at all over these past two weeks. My 155 in December really spoiled me.

February can go well if I put my nose to the grindstone.

Also, the June 2018 group is on it's 7th page, we are on our 8th - not good.

So, my strategy between now and 02/10/18 is 1) finish the LR section of 7sage, 2) as many logic games as possible and 3) as many practice tests as possible.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:54 pm

PT 68 Breakdown:
RC: -4
LR: -8
LG: -0

Score: 170

BR:
RC: -0
LR: -4

BR Score: 177

Really starting to question things when I perform like this at home but can't on test day.

Also, dafuq on the order for game 3 and 4... Usually would expect Game 3 to be last.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:PT 52 S1 #16...JFC

Also if anyone wants a new poll hit me up :P

Yea, I drilled that earlier this week. That one definitely needed writing out...

heylookitsthatguy

New

Post by heylookitsthatguy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:53 am

Took an extended break from LSAT during the holidays and just tried to drill a LG section for the first time in about two weeks. It was PT 72 S4, and it completely wrecked my confidence. The first game and the last game took me about 25 minutes alone. If I see two games like that on the actual LSAT I'll run out of the room crying.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:28 pm

Experiment626 wrote:PT 68 Breakdown:

BR:

Really starting to question things when I perform like this at home but can't on test day.

Also, dafuq on the order for game 3 and 4... Usually would expect Game 3 to be last.
Do you ever try PTs in loud af places?

JanuaryBug94

New

Post by JanuaryBug94 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:34 pm

I've been drilling logic games (like 80 per week) from tests 30-50 and pretty consistently missing 1 or 0 per set, but when I've been taking more recent tests (70+), i keep getting tripped up or skipping games and coming back. Anyone else been experiencing this? What do you guys see as the major difference between the older games and the newer ones that I have to drill?

mdelacruz

New

Post by mdelacruz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:36 pm

sabraph wrote:I'm checking in. Went down in Dec. after a 164 in September. I really want that 170 and I have room to improve - bombed LG after perfect scores for weeks. Already have some offers for this cycle, not sure if I will end up accepting an offer or taking a year and reapplying for c/o 2022. Anyone else using the Feb score for this cycle?
Here. I'm sending a few apps in with my Dec. score but also taking Feb since I underperformed Dec. by at least 7 points.

What went wrong for you on games? Nerves? Same thing happened to me. Flew through the first 2 games then ended up spending an ungodly 15+ minutes on game 3 at which point I was utterly screwed. Ended up having to guess on a bunch of questions on game 4.

My first thought for improving LG was to maybe get another prep book (Manhattan's), but with only 5 weeks til test day I'm not sure I even have time. Right now I'm just focusing on total saturation, i.e. drilling games until my hand is literally numb.

mdelacruz

New

Post by mdelacruz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 pm

mdelacruz wrote:
sabraph wrote:I'm checking in. Went down in Dec. after a 164 in September. I really want that 170 and I have room to improve - bombed LG after perfect scores for weeks. Already have some offers for this cycle, not sure if I will end up accepting an offer or taking a year and reapplying for c/o 2022. Anyone else using the Feb score for this cycle?
Here. I'm sending a few apps in with my Dec. score but also taking Feb since I underperformed Dec. by at least 7 points.

What went wrong for you on games? Nerves? Same thing happened to me. Flew through the first 2 games then ended up spending an ungodly 15+ minutes on game 3 at which point I was utterly screwed. Ended up having to guess on a bunch of questions on game 4.

My first thought for improving LG was to maybe get another prep book (Manhattan's?), but with only 5 weeks til test day I'm not sure I even have time to go back to the drawing board and learn new methods. I guess I'm just gonna focus on total saturation, i.e. drilling games until my hand is literally numb.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mdelacruz

New

Post by mdelacruz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Carly Jo wrote:How is everyone studying between now and Feb test? Specifically retakers, what sort of schedule are you following and what materials are you using? How much is "too much"? I'm using 7sage for LG, though I am very strong on LG and went -1 on Dec test (stupid mistake), normally go -0 or -1. So more maintenance and keeping up timing with harder games. Trying Manhattan for RC which is my worst section, and the bible for LR. I'm going to review question types and fundamentals for about 20 days doing drills and untimed sections each day, then use the last 25 days for full tests every other day and blind review. I'm decent at LR, and generally miss something because I misread, went too fast, or stubbornly disagreed with the answer :-) RC is by far my worst section. I'm planning on doing like 8 passages a day, broken up across the day at first, then as timed sections. I've done a decent chunk of them, but that will include doing every passage available. I am a slow reader in RC for some reason, but generally do well on what I get through. I finished all of the other sections early, didn't make it to the final passage in Dec. I had always finished RC sections before that, so I was pretty annoyed I dropped the ball in Dec. Pretty sure I psyched myself out and the more I stressed about time the slower I went. Ugh.
The ace up my sleeve: Fox's LR. 500+ LR questions.

Picked up Powerscore LR by type V1 and V2. I also paid good money for Powerscore RC and LG and by type V1 and V2 each. Aiming for total saturation.

Wake up at 5 each day, do a random timed section before work.

Lunch break = random timed section.

After work = three back to back timed sections + review + more drilling.

Rinse, repeat throughout the week.

Weekend is two full PTs back to back.

Lehgooo baby!!!!!

sabraph

Bronze

Post by sabraph » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 am

mdelacruz wrote:
mdelacruz wrote:

My first thought for improving LG was to maybe get another prep book (Manhattan's?), but with only 5 weeks til test day I'm not sure I even have time to go back to the drawing board and learn new methods. I guess I'm just gonna focus on total saturation, i.e. drilling games until my hand is literally numb.
I'm honestly not sure something about the second game tripped me up and I spent a solid four minutes freaking out which just spiraled when I realized all the time I was wasting. I guessed on 8 questions. I'm just drilling for consistency, and to cope better when something like that happens.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:PT 68 Breakdown:

BR:

Do you ever try PTs in loud af places?

No, I don't see the reason to because I test under RA which basically puts me in my own room. I had nobody with me in December and on back in June.

greatspirit

Bronze

Post by greatspirit » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:00 pm

One month until test day.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”