Taking LSAT for the 5th time? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ShepherdJoo

New

Taking LSAT for the 5th time?

Post by ShepherdJoo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:51 am

Has anyone attempted this before?

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Re: Taking LSAT for the 5th time?

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 am

Yeah, I just did it. I’m not proud of it and I have no clue how it’ll affect me this cycle (if I actually did do well on Saturday) but I did it.

ShepherdJoo

New

Post by ShepherdJoo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:41 am

Wow, I applauded you on your perseverance. Did you keep all your five scores or no?

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:57 am

ShepherdJoo wrote:Wow, I applauded you on your perseverance. Did you keep all your five scores or no?
Yeah. I probably should have cancelled the 4th take because I just lost all my composure that day, but what’s done is done.

ShepherdJoo

New

Post by ShepherdJoo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 am

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:
ShepherdJoo wrote:Wow, I applauded you on your perseverance. Did you keep all your five scores or no?
Yeah. I probably should have cancelled the 4th take because I just lost all my composure that day, but what’s done is done.
I see. Best of luck to you! Do you think that more people will attempt to take the LSAT more than 3 times like us since there's no longer a limit anymore?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beancounter15

New

Post by beancounter15 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:10 am

I took it a 4th time this past Saturday. Debating registering for my 5th in february and cancelling if I end up getting my score on this past one.

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:54 pm

ShepherdJoo wrote:
I see. Best of luck to you! Do you think that more people will attempt to take the LSAT more than 3 times like us since there's no longer a limit anymore?
Thanks! Honestly, I think it happens more than people think. I know of two other people who’ve taken it 4 times IRL and I’ve seen a few others on forums say they’ve done it too. Most people don’t like to publicize that they have to bite the bullet again haha.

As far as people in general, no clue. I guess knowing that you don’t have to wait a year if everything goes to shit that day may encourage some people to take it earlier than they should.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:22 pm

ShepherdJoo wrote:
Thanks! Honestly, I think it happens more than people think. I know of two other people who’ve taken it 4 times IRL and I’ve seen a few others on forums say they’ve done it too. Most people don’t like to publicize that they have to bite the bullet again haha.

As far as people in general, no clue. I guess knowing that you don’t have to wait a year if everything goes to shit that day may encourage some people to take it earlier than they should.
This and especially because in the last year LSAC has dropped the limit of 3 in 2 yrs, or w/e the exact limitation was

Anatevka

New

Post by Anatevka » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:53 am

I am going into my fourth because for all three past tests I scored at least four points under my lowest practice test score. It has been the most frustrating process but now that I am resigned, I am ready! Life is long enough to spend one more year and not leave any points on the table. This being said, EVERYONE thinks I am insane. I have been staying at my parents and they are literally kicking me out for deciding not to take one of my acceptances from this cycle and instead try another LSAT and apply next year. You guys are my family now! :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Anatevka wrote:I am going into my fourth because for all three past tests I scored at least four points under my lowest practice test score. It has been the most frustrating process but now that I am resigned, I am ready! Life is long enough to spend one more year and not leave any points on the table. This being said, EVERYONE thinks I am insane. I have been staying at my parents and they are literally kicking me out for deciding not to take one of my acceptances from this cycle and instead try another LSAT and apply next year. You guys are my family now! :lol:
Damn. You’ve got this! I’ll be taking my first LSAT in June and hopefully it will be my last. :(

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Anatevka wrote:I am going into my fourth because for all three past tests I scored at least four points under my lowest practice test score. It has been the most frustrating process but now that I am resigned, I am ready! Life is long enough to spend one more year and not leave any points on the table. This being said, EVERYONE thinks I am insane. I have been staying at my parents and they are literally kicking me out for deciding not to take one of my acceptances from this cycle and instead try another LSAT and apply next year. You guys are my family now! :lol:
Damn, that is rough. Think about how hard you’ll be able to flex on them down the road though.

The one thing that got me through doing it so many times was that I’d already sunk ~2 years of my life into this test, so another few months wouldn’t change my life for the worse.

Also for my last take I told no one except my close family. Had to come up with some pretty creative excuses for not being able to hang out in the weeks before hahaha

olympia

New

Post by olympia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Damn, that is rough. Think about how hard you’ll be able to flex on them down the road though.

The one thing that got me through doing it so many times was that I’d already sunk ~2 years of my life into this test, so another few months wouldn’t change my life for the worse.

Also for my last take I told no one except my close family. Had to come up with some pretty creative excuses for not being able to hang out in the weeks before hahaha
Two years? Wow. I don’t understand why people have to be so judgmental. It’s not their life, and, damn, it’s amazing to see you guys putting in so much effort to get what you want. That’s so admirable. I’ve pushed up my LSAT test date several times, and my family has stopped asking me when I’ll be taking the test. I don’t care, and it’s pretty frustrating when you have to explain the situation to people who think it’s “just a test.”

I doubt your family or your friends have put this much effort into anything in their entire lives.
Last edited by olympia on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:02 pm

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote: The one thing that got me through doing it so many times was that I’d already sunk ~2 years of my life into this test, so another few months wouldn’t change my life for the worse.
are you me? HI TWIN

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Mikey wrote:
PhiladelphiaCollins wrote: The one thing that got me through doing it so many times was that I’d already sunk ~2 years of my life into this test, so another few months wouldn’t change my life for the worse.
are you me? HI TWIN
I’d say so. Matching LSAT tattoos?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Mikey wrote:
are you me? HI TWIN
SURE

Tattoo idea: 119 on the top( to signify our highest score), '2 years strong' under the 119.

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Mikey wrote:
Mikey wrote:
are you me? HI TWIN
SURE

Tattoo idea: 119 on the top( to signify our highest score), '2 years strong' under the 119.
I dig it. Maybe switch from tattoo to branding to really get the point in.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Mikey wrote:
Mikey wrote:
are you me? HI TWIN
SURE

I dig it. Maybe switch from tattoo to branding to really get the point in.
You're a literal genius.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pewpew

New

Post by Pewpew » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Do you guys know how multiple scores are received? I just bombed the December LSAT, and the February LSAT would put me at taking for the fourth time. Have people gotten into HLS/Stanford with four LSAT scores?

mdelacruz

New

Post by mdelacruz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:39 pm

Pewpew wrote:Do you guys know how multiple scores are received? I just bombed the December LSAT, and the February LSAT would put me at taking for the fourth time. Have people gotten into HLS/Stanford with four LSAT scores?
Can't speak for HYS, but general consensus seems to be that schools don't really care. With the exception of a few schools (NYU?) adcoms will just take your highest score. Main thing for them is simply the scores they report to the ABA. A 170 is a 170 whether its your 1st of 4th.

mozzieforshort

New

Post by mozzieforshort » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:14 pm

I applied very late this cycle (Feb/March) with 4 scores under my belt. I am debating on taking the lsat again and/or just applying very early, next cycle, with the 4 scores. I, too, have thrown away 2 years of my life on this pre-LS process. But, if it will maximize our time/money actually in school, it’ll all be worth it right??

What is something you guys have done differently to improve on the LSAT?
Any uplifting updates from people with 4+ scores??

PatriotP74

Silver

Post by PatriotP74 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:56 am

I took it 4 times, this was spread out over 2.5 years(twice in year 1, twice a year and a half later). If your score is going up then its worth it, I don't think many schools care how many takes you have. At the end of the day it's a competition for them to have the right numbers. Keep in mind at some point it may not be worth it to keep taking the test. For me I spent a couple years in the "real world" making money. Build your resume while you are continuing the process of law school apps! If anything it could be argued that taking the test multiple times shows your dedication to getting into X school.

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:22 am

5 on record. 1 in Dec 2014 and the last 4 tests. Thinking about June, but not sure. I can think of some good arguments why this wouldn’t hurt you as long as you do as well or better than your previous tests.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”