The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How did you do??

177-180
9%
173-176
13%
170-172
6%
167-169
21%
164-166
16%
160-163
13%
155-159
12%
Below 155
10%

Total votes: 86

KylawRen

New

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Post by KylawRen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:00 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
KylawRen wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
etramak wrote:pretty much regret taking this at this point. Very unlikely my score wlnt improve and its just delaying decisions from schools at this point, probably negtively affecting outcomes
+1
You can ask schools to consider you now and not wait for the score.
You can ask, but that doesn't mean they'll look. Like Berkeley told me they removed the hold over a month ago but there's been no movement (no status change to indicate anything is different than before I asked).
All the more reason to request it now. Schools will
Still be reviewing your app by the time scores come out with their slowness and the holidays.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:58 pm

If there was any way for me to get my score back now, I would do it. And I pretty much mean literally anything.

Xyznopfgh

New

Post by Xyznopfgh » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Checking in. Does anybody else think this wait is ruining their holiday spirit? :?

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:18 pm

MercW07 wrote:If there was any way for me to get my score back now, I would do it. And I pretty much mean literally anything.
I have a friend taking her Nursing boards and she can pay just $8 to get her score back in 48 hours. If she doesn’t pay she has to wait 6 weeks.

1.) It’s absurd that whoever controls that doesn’t jack that price up 20 times that high. I assume literally nobody doesn’t pay $8 for that.

2.) If this were available from LSAC they could make a killing. People with December scores would pay huge $ to get their scores back and apps rolling. It would also make Feb a more viable take for people looking to apply that cycle. Nursing boards are on a computer though, so that’s why they can turn it around that quickly. But I bet with LSAC starting to test electronic LSAT this might soon become a reality.

vikingrunner

New

Post by vikingrunner » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 pm

This has been the slowest 2+ weeks of my life. It doesn't help that I'm working 10+ hour days at work.
MercW07 wrote:If there was any way for me to get my score back now, I would do it. And I pretty much mean literally anything.
I smell an LSAC "Sex-for-Scores" investigation coming.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DrLeoSpaceman

New

Post by DrLeoSpaceman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:54 am

The fact that LSAC charges $180 for the test, then makes us wait a month for the score is one of the reasons I’m so happy Harvard/Georgetown et. al have decided to spit in LSAC’s eye and begin accepting the GRE. Monopolies like LSAC don’t have to treat testtakers as customers so they provide us with sh1tty service.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:02 am

DrLeoSpaceman wrote:The fact that LSAC charges $180 for the test, then makes us wait a month for the score is one of the reasons I’m so happy Harvard/Georgetown et. al have decided to spit in LSAC’s eye and begin accepting the GRE. Monopolies like LSAC don’t have to treat testtakers as customers so they provide us with sh1tty service.

+1

saffles

Bronze

Post by saffles » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:13 am

The longer I wait, the more I start to feel like I forgot to bubble in whole sections of the lsat...

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:35 am

Zero Hedge wrote:
I have a friend taking her Nursing boards and she can pay just $8 to get her score back in 48 hours. If she doesn’t pay she has to wait 6 weeks.

1.) It’s absurd that whoever controls that doesn’t jack that price up 20 times that high. I assume literally nobody doesn’t pay $8 for that.

2.) If this were available from LSAC they could make a killing. People with December scores would pay huge $ to get their scores back and apps rolling. It would also make Feb a more viable take for people looking to apply that cycle. Nursing boards are on a computer though, so that’s why they can turn it around that quickly. But I bet with LSAC starting to test electronic LSAT this might soon become a reality.
Yep my cousin took the NCLEX? a couple years ago and said literally everyone she knows paid for the quick turnaround.
I’m trying to think of a max price I’d pay for a 48 hour turnaround and I’m thinking even if it was like $200 I’d still do it just to avoid the month of stress.
Can anyone think of a max amount they’d be willing to pay?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:52 pm

MercW07 wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

Yep my cousin took the NCLEX? a couple years ago and said literally everyone she knows paid for the quick turnaround.
I’m trying to think of a max price I’d pay for a 48 hour turnaround and I’m thinking even if it was like $200 I’d still do it just to avoid the month of stress.
For me, it would depend on when I'm taking the test and when I plan on applying. If I'm taking the test in Dec. or Feb. and applying that cycle, I wouldn't think twice about paying $200.

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:20 pm

King of the North wrote:
MercW07 wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:

For me, it would depend on when I'm taking the test and when I plan on applying. If I'm taking the test in Dec. or Feb. and applying that cycle, I wouldn't think twice about paying $200.
Exactly. And as far as a max amount one would be willing to pay... Honestly some of the distribution of scholarship $ may justify paying way more than $200 just to get your apps out in early Dec as opposed to early Jan.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urmlaw17

Bronze

Post by urmlaw17 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:51 pm

DrLeoSpaceman wrote:The fact that LSAC charges $180 for the test, then makes us wait a month for the score is one of the reasons I’m so happy Harvard/Georgetown et. al have decided to spit in LSAC’s eye and begin accepting the GRE. Monopolies like LSAC don’t have to treat testtakers as customers so they provide us with sh1tty service.
I had never thought of LSAC in this way.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:58 pm

littlewing67 wrote:So what do we think? 2 weeks until results?
I'm feeling the 2nd

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm personally hoping to have my Christmas ruined (22nd)
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Mikey wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:So what do we think? 2 weeks until results?
I'm feeling the 2nd
If had to put money on it Id say the 2nd. Give the Dec test takers a day or two to figure out if the want to pay the $180 for a Feb retake.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:55 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:I'm personally hoping to have my Christmas ruined (22nd)
If we get scores before Christmas I will literally go to Cooley. Im THAT confident that It will be after the first of the year.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:59 pm

MercW07 wrote:
If we get scores before Christmas I will literally go to Cooley. Im THAT confident that It will be after the first of the year.
Let a man dream damn it. I'm hoping the fear of the GRE and its immediate post test unofficial scores scare them into trying to garner good will now.
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:29 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
MercW07 wrote:
Let a man dream damn it. I'm hoping the fear of the GRE and its immediate post test unofficial scores scare them into trying to garner good will now.
They know the curve before the test is even given, and its graded by machine in about 10 seconds. If they really wanted to garner good will they could have released our scores a week after we took the damn thing

urmlaw17

Bronze

Post by urmlaw17 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:36 pm

I want my score already. Please!!!

I hate doing all this waiting. It's so stressful.

2 more weeks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

futurehoosierJD

New

Post by futurehoosierJD » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Hey guys - I could use some advice. I just got notice from LSAC that the test materials/answer sheets from my testing center are deemed lost and I can either make up the LSAT on 1/6 or sit for the February administration.

I am very worried about the delay in submission of my applications by sitting for the February LSAT. I felt confident that my December LSAT score was going to be better than the one already in my file (156). PT scores no less than 165. However, I am not sure how well it would go if I take the makeup test on 1/6. I have not touched anything LSAT-related and the holidays leave little time to prepare.

Any advice you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. This sucks. Worst. Christmas. Present. Ever.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:50 pm

futurehoosierJD wrote:Hey guys - I could use some advice. I just got notice from LSAC that the test materials/answer sheets from my testing center are deemed lost and I can either make up the LSAT on 1/6 or sit for the February administration.

I am very worried about the delay in submission of my applications by sitting for the February LSAT. I felt confident that my December LSAT score was going to be better than the one already in my file (156). PT scores no less than 165. However, I am not sure how well it would go if I take the makeup test on 1/6. I have not touched anything LSAT-related and the holidays leave little time to prepare.

Any advice you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. This sucks. Worst. Christmas. Present. Ever.
Damn that truly sucks, so so sorry to hear that! :(

I say take it, unless you're willing to just sit the cycle out. Did they tell you anything about the make up test regarding the turn around with giving scores back? if they come back fast I say just go for it and your apps can still get in with decent timing. If not, maybe sit the cycle out and retake in June or September?

Either way it sucks! :/

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:52 pm

futurehoosierJD wrote:Hey guys - I could use some advice. I just got notice from LSAC that the test materials/answer sheets from my testing center are deemed lost and I can either make up the LSAT on 1/6 or sit for the February administration.

Take a PT before deciding, it's only been two weeks and you don't lose that ability overnight. See how it goes. If you do well, take the 1/6, why not. Though you will probably be one of the only ones in the January waiters thread.

futurehoosierJD

New

Post by futurehoosierJD » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Mikey wrote:

Damn that truly sucks, so so sorry to hear that! :(

I say take it, unless you're willing to just sit the cycle out. Did they tell you anything about the make up test regarding the turn around with giving scores back? if they come back fast I say just go for it and your apps can still get in with decent timing. If not, maybe sit the cycle out and retake in June or September?

Either way it sucks! :/
Thank you for the sympathy! It feels nice to know others think this sucks, haha. LSAC did not include any information about the turnaround timing for scores. Do you think sitting for the February administration is too late for this cycle? I am going to take a practice test tonight and see how it goes. I just hate the idea of rushing everything.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”