The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How did you do??

177-180
9%
173-176
13%
170-172
6%
167-169
21%
164-166
16%
160-163
13%
155-159
12%
Below 155
10%

Total votes: 86

HueyPWrong

New

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Post by HueyPWrong » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Anyone else experiencing any kind of post test blues. I have nothing to entertain myself on lunch breaks or before work and i kind of feel like i lost a sense of purpose now that the test is over. If that even makes sense. Just an off feeling. I may have to retake jt in february but yeah idk anyone else have any weird vibes like that ?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:11 pm

HueyPWrong wrote:Anyone else experiencing any kind of post test blues. I have nothing to entertain myself on lunch breaks or before work and i kind of feel like i lost a sense of purpose now that the test is over. If that even makes sense. Just an off feeling. I may have to retake jt in february but yeah idk anyone else have any weird vibes like that ?
Haha yeah I have the weird feeling as well like.. I should be studying but im not. I see my giant pile of papers and books every morning when I wake up. Weird not to study after doing it full-time for so long

HueyPWrong

New

Post by HueyPWrong » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Yeah its almost like a guilty feeling. I took it in sept as well as dec and i never stopped studying and ended up getting super burned out and regressing some in score so maybe this hiatus will be a good thing if i end up having to take it in feb. honestly i chilled out on it in hopes that id hammer out this personal statement but that is so much harder than just studying for the test.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Kinda. I'm killing some of the post test blues with apps but that'll be done tomorrow and then I guess I'll start drilling again in case I need to take it in Feb. If I don't, I have no clue what I'm going to do with myself until school in the fall. A lot of the things I used to do with friends I no longer have the desire to do anymore...

restored123

New

Post by restored123 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Experiment626 wrote:Kinda. I'm killing some of the post test blues with apps but that'll be done tomorrow and then I guess I'll start drilling again in case I need to take it in Feb. If I don't, I have no clue what I'm going to do with myself until school in the fall. A lot of the things I used to do with friends I no longer have the desire to do anymore...
Enjoy life while you can. Reconnect with people. Do things you enjoy. Once law school starts, those things will go away unfortunately.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

greatspirit

Bronze

Post by greatspirit » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Registering for February 2018 won’t interfere with my December 2017 score right? Like LSAC won’t read that as an “auto-score” cancel.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:17 pm

greatspirit wrote:Registering for February 2018 won’t interfere with my December 2017 score right? Like LSAC won’t read that as an “auto-score” cancel.
no, you'll be fine
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjdude14

Bronze

Post by jjdude14 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:38 pm

restored123 wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:Kinda. I'm killing some of the post test blues with apps but that'll be done tomorrow and then I guess I'll start drilling again in case I need to take it in Feb. If I don't, I have no clue what I'm going to do with myself until school in the fall. A lot of the things I used to do with friends I no longer have the desire to do anymore...
Enjoy life while you can. Reconnect with people. Do things you enjoy. Once law school starts, those things will go away unfortunately.
AWW C'MON Y'ALL if I learned anything from the September test it's that you've gotta spend the month between the test and score release poppin it. No care in the world, can't do anything to change your score and be happy it's over!

...then again I did have to retake so lolz

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:04 am

Anyone else having LSAT nightmares? Last night I had one where I checked my score, saw a 165 and was hysterical. Woke up and realized I need to change my mentality real quick because my score is probably going to be lower than that.

There's something so ironic about the fact that I've been able to sleep at 9:30 PM every night since not being able to sleep until 4 AM Dec 1st :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:47 am

So what do you guys think about program specific rankings? Like for example SLU is not ranked high enough for a good majority of us to consider it, but it’s ranked #1 in health care law. I’m not looking to go into that field or that School, but for someone that is should SLU be a top choice for them, or is it really just the overall rankings that matter when it comes to employment?

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 am

MercW07 wrote:So what do you guys think about program specific rankings? Like for example SLU is not ranked high enough for a good majority of us to consider it, but it’s ranked #1 in health care law. I’m not looking to go into that field or that School, but for someone that is should SLU be a top choice for them, or is it really just the overall rankings that matter when it comes to employment?
Program specific rankings are a joke that should have either have no bearing on a decision or, maybe, should serve as a 20th tiebreaker that comes after factors like “best gym” and “coolest mascot.”

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:02 am

BlendedUnicorn wrote:
MercW07 wrote:So what do you guys think about program specific rankings? Like for example SLU is not ranked high enough for a good majority of us to consider it, but it’s ranked #1 in health care law. I’m not looking to go into that field or that School, but for someone that is should SLU be a top choice for them, or is it really just the overall rankings that matter when it comes to employment?
Program specific rankings are a joke that should have either have no bearing on a decision or, maybe, should serve as a 20th tiebreaker that comes after factors like “best gym” and “coolest mascot.”
That’s pretty much what I figured considering I’ve really never heard anyone on here mention them, but I wasn’t sure. The funny thing is schools with high program specific rankings really use it heavily when it comes to advertisement

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:19 am

MercW07 wrote:
BlendedUnicorn wrote:
That’s pretty much what I figured considering I’ve really never heard anyone on here mention them, but I wasn’t sure. The funny thing is schools with high program specific rankings really use it heavily when it comes to advertisement
You just put your finger on why they exist. It’s another set of rankings for USNWR to sell and another way for schools to sell themselves. Unfortunately- with very rare exceptions (NYU tax LLM program and that kind of proves the rule)- they do not exist to help prospective law students make good decisions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:37 am

BlendedUnicorn wrote:
MercW07 wrote:
BlendedUnicorn wrote:
You just put your finger on why they exist. It’s another set of rankings for USNWR to sell and another way for schools to sell themselves. Unfortunately- with very rare exceptions (NYU tax LLM program and that kind of proves the rule)- they do not exist to help prospective law students make good decisions.
I had a similar conversation with my Spivey advisor on if I should focus on schools that had course offerings in the areas I wanted to go into or just the best school. Summary of the advice I got is don't pick a school based on courses, pick it based on success of placement/passing the bar/etc. You can always learn the specific stuff when you start practicing. It's great if you can attend a school that has a good rank, placement, bar passing rate, and courses in the area you're interested in but don't sacrifice the first three for the last item...

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:08 pm

I went out with friends for the first time in months. I'd forgotten how enjoyable it is to talk to people whose entire life isn't utter anxiety and panic. It was nice!

Got to see Shitfaced Shakespeare, which I highly recommend (they do a Shakespeare play but one actor/actress is incredibly drunk).

Unfortunately I couldn't help myself and talked way too much about this fuckery and thus myself all night, but what are you going to do :-p
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:09 pm

etramak wrote:pretty much regret taking this at this point. Very unlikely my score wlnt improve and its just delaying decisions from schools at this point, probably negtively affecting outcomes
+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
etramak wrote:pretty much regret taking this at this point. Very unlikely my score wlnt improve and its just delaying decisions from schools at this point, probably negtively affecting outcomes
+1
Same.

Particularly regret canceling a score that was almost definitely better lol

KylawRen

New

Post by KylawRen » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:09 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
+1
You can ask schools to consider you now and not wait for the score.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:28 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote: Got to see Shitfaced Shakespeare, which I highly recommend (they do a Shakespeare play but one actor/actress is incredibly drunk).
That actually sounds really awesome haha. Was it like at a bar or an actual theater?

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:09 pm

dm1683 wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote: Got to see Shitfaced Shakespeare, which I highly recommend (they do a Shakespeare play but one actor/actress is incredibly drunk).
That actually sounds really awesome haha. Was it like at a bar or an actual theater?
It was a small bar concert venue setup with chairs.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:11 pm

KylawRen wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
+1
You can ask schools to consider you now and not wait for the score.
You can ask, but that doesn't mean they'll look. Like Berkeley told me they removed the hold over a month ago but there's been no movement (no status change to indicate anything is different than before I asked).

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:40 pm

you should be fine. ime it's still early.

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:31 pm

I have an admissions interview coming up next week, and wonder if anyone who applied or applying this cycle could do a mock interview. would appreciate any grilling on resume or generic before the real one. please PM for info. thanks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”