The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How did you do??

177-180
9%
173-176
13%
170-172
6%
167-169
21%
164-166
16%
160-163
13%
155-159
12%
Below 155
10%

Total votes: 86

Zero Hedge

New

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Post by Zero Hedge » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Alright thanks littlewing for remembering more LR than me :D So I had the LR-RC-LR-LR-LG combo and it looks like the second LR (right before the break) was the experimental.

Incrementalist

Bronze

Post by Incrementalist » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Does anyone know which game section was real? And Kate Li should definitely self publish lol.

thatcandoromg

New

Post by thatcandoromg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:41 pm

How many time you guys got to spend on the 8 floors game??

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Incrementalist wrote:Does anyone know which game section was real? And Kate Li should definitely self publish lol.
The LG with the last game having the 8 floors was real.

PS: Team Li should send that tip to the big hitters

georgeNY

New

Post by georgeNY » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Do people with then same test structures have the same experimental in the same slots? eg, if me and another person had LR RC LR LR LG, are our experimentals in the same place?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:43 pm

thatcandoromg wrote:How many time you guys got to spend on the 8 floors game??
About 9 minutes. If you double-layer sequenced it felt pretty straight forward to me.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:45 pm

I think I had like 15-18 mins for it and still got kind confused for a good chunk of it

thatcandoromg

New

Post by thatcandoromg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Mikey wrote:
I think I had like 15-18 mins for it and still got kind confused for a good chunk of it

I felt it was easy before. Now I’m worried if I seriously messed up with the rules...after seeing so many people complaining about it.

Do people think it’s hard because of time-pressure or because the rules were hard?? (Am I allow to ask that.?

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:56 pm

thatcandoromg wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I felt it was easy before. Now I’m worried if I seriously messed up with the rules...after seeing so many people complaining about it.

Do people think it’s hard because of time-pressure or because the rules were hard?? (Am I allow to ask that.?
I had the time, I was just really confused by a rule and am just hoping I didn't screw up

vikingrunner

New

Post by vikingrunner » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:59 pm

So I had to be at work within an hour of finishing the test, so f*ck that.

VITALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION:
When I get home, do I go for the Bombay Sapphire or the Wild Turkey American Honey first?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:59 pm

I'll post it again in case some of you didn't see it but:

ANYONE from NYC who wants to meet up tonight at a bar with some of us from in here PM ME (or you can PM littlewing as well)!

ANYONE is welcome, we just want to celebrate that this shit is over! Come through! :mrgreen:

Eleven

New

Post by Eleven » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:02 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Mikey wrote:UPDATE: sorry I didn't include it in the poll but I left out the option of "it went well but still give me a damn drink"
I would like to recommend the end of the OP topic be- Translating to 180.
I was thinking, That Tyrant Caligula gives no 180s

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:03 pm

thatcandoromg wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I thought it was ok but I may have messed up a couple. I just used the floors as pieces?

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Ok here is my breakdown (cause I know you guys care so much)
LR RC LR LR LG

LR1 (25): Wasn't bad but because it was my first section I was a little slow out of the gate. I had a pretty solid warm up, but filling everything out before the test was pretty distracting. But, once I got going on it I got into a decent rhythm. This one will definitely be scored so hopefully I did as well as I think I did, but there is some uncertainty there

RC: Surprisingly easy. I was actually shocked when I got to the last passage and it was something understandable. With that being said Ill probably end up going like -10 lol

LR (26): Seems like the consensus is this is the experimental, but I so hope it isn't. I absolutely crushed it and hardly had to do any skipping. I can honestly say Ive never felt as good about an LR section as I did when I finished this one.

LR (26): I went in feeling pretty good after the break and was slapped down by question #2. It wasn't hard, and Im pretty sure I ended up getting it right when I came back to it but it did shake my confidence a bit. Ended up skipping more questions than normal, and in my mind I would classify it as a medium to hard difficulty section.

LG: First 2 games were easy, the wording of game 3 made it more difficult than it should have been, and game 4 ended up being pretty easy. I skipped game 3 cause I knew I didn't have a firm grasp of it going into the questions and that ended up being a good idea. The 4th game (buildings) was actually pretty easy if you had the correct set up. Also, I anticipated both correct answers for the 2 substitution equivalence questions so that felt good and saved a lot of time. Don't think I went -0 on it, but I felt good about LG in general.

The test in general did not seem overly difficult. On one hand that makes me feel good about my performance, but on the other Im worried the curve will be similar to PT81. Idk how Im going to make it through the next month waiting for my score, but hey at least we all get to suffer together. :D

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:06 pm

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:
thatcandoromg wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I thought it was ok but I may have messed up a couple. I just used the floors as pieces?
Floors as pieces, and a double layer sequencing game did the trick for me. (If Im saying too much about the game I apologize)

damask_rain

New

Post by damask_rain » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:08 pm

I spent the first 35 minutes worrying about my watch LOL I think I self-sabotaged myself.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thatcandoromg

New

Post by thatcandoromg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:11 pm

MercW07 wrote:
PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:
thatcandoromg wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Floors as pieces, and a double layer sequencing game did the trick for me. (If Im saying too much about the game I apologize)
Are a lot of people not doing that?

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skadidas

New

Post by Skadidas » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:22 pm

I had an experimental LR too. Does anybody know if the section with the software developer is real or experimental?

Games felt relatively easy but the last game could be perceived as tricky. The hardest part was time constraint, in my case. All 3 LR seemed not too bad but I think the 2nd one was my best so I am hoping that section is real. The third section seemed odd in the way it worded a few questions but otherwise not much more difficult, if at all. RC was easy with no surprises and decent topics but I still feel like I could've had room for error there. Overall a fairly standard if not easier test imo. Hopefully the curve is at least -11 though!
Last edited by Skadidas on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Was going amazingly well until LG. F me. Not gonna cancel tho, think i did great on the other sections.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LittleCrab

New

Post by LittleCrab » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:25 pm

Do anyone remember what are the answers for the last LG (floor)?...i guessed on half of them... :cry:

elransfo

New

Post by elransfo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:28 pm

What do you guys anticipate the curve being? This is my first time officially taking the test, but it felt harder to me than June and Sept 2017 (both of which seemed unusually straightforward, at least on LG). Hoping that's not just because I freaked out on the LG section today.

Leisreana

New

Post by Leisreana » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:29 pm

For LR(25) RC LR(26) LR(26) LG, which one is experimental?

I didn't remember any questions so I can't really tell from whole T. rex is real thing.

(not that matters anymore cuz I was in ED yesterday but I still took the test this morning and I don't why I did that)

lemonlacroix

New

Post by lemonlacroix » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:34 pm

I left feeling super confident (LR RC LR LR LG) but now I'm super worried I fucked up the last rule of the 2nd logic game. I honestly thought LG was super super easy - involved a bit of brute forcing but not too bad (except the 3rd game substitution that was rough).

Anyone who knows they messed up the 2nd game - did it make finding answers difficult? I felt like I got through them all in no time at all.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”