The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How did you do??

177-180
9%
173-176
13%
170-172
6%
167-169
21%
164-166
16%
160-163
13%
155-159
12%
Below 155
10%

Total votes: 86

iammrsiglesias

New

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Post by iammrsiglesias » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Checking in y'all. Let's get this page count up :)

HueyPWrong

New

Post by HueyPWrong » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 pm

I felt good about it during. But idk i had the experimental LR section and thats usually my string suit but one of the sections felt super tricky and for some reason LR always wears my brain out and im sure the last LR was a real section and i missed more than usually. Maybe we'll get a Christmas surprise from LSAC and get the results a few days early. Who else is leaning on taking it again in feb?

HueyPWrong

New

Post by HueyPWrong » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Oh and i thought rc and lg were pretty easy except a minimal time crunch in lg resulting in one or two quick educated guesses. However, reading all these people talking about how tricky lg was im thinking maybe i fucked it all up and just am unaware of doing poorly on it. I tink i burned my self out studying and taking almost every released preptest that exists.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:58 pm

HueyPWrong wrote:Oh and i thought rc and lg were pretty easy except a minimal time crunch in lg resulting in one or two quick educated guesses. However, reading all these people talking about how tricky lg was im thinking maybe i fucked it all up and just am unaware of doing poorly on it. I tink i burned my self out studying and taking almost every released preptest that exists.
Pretty much how I feel. I felt like it was fairly straightforward but now I'm thinking maybe I was just on autopilot and actually screwed up or misinterpreted.

Oh and LR was hard.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:16 pm

chewinggum wrote:
HueyPWrong wrote:Oh and i thought rc and lg were pretty easy except a minimal time crunch in lg resulting in one or two quick educated guesses. However, reading all these people talking about how tricky lg was im thinking maybe i fucked it all up and just am unaware of doing poorly on it. I tink i burned my self out studying and taking almost every released preptest that exists.
Pretty much how I feel. I felt like it was fairly straightforward but now I'm thinking maybe I was just on autopilot and actually screwed up or misinterpreted.

Oh and LR was hard.
My general feelings on LG are, if you thought it was easy and straightforward, it probably was. When I struggle with a game it's usually because an inference just never materialized and caused me to brute force my way through things. If you mess up a rule, it usually becomes clear a few questions. You both probably killed it.
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:20 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
chewinggum wrote:

Oh and LR was hard.
My general feelings on LG are, if you thought it was easy and straightforward, it probably was. When I struggle with a game it's usually because an inference just never materialized and caused me to brute force my way through things. If you mess up a rule, it usually becomes clear a few questions. You both probably killed it.
How nice of you, James :)

More positive vibes on LR please bc the anxiety is v real

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm

chewinggum wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
chewinggum wrote:

Oh and LR was hard.
How nice of you, James :)

That shit was cray and everyone failed. So you have nothing to worry about.
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:58 pm

chewinggum wrote:

Oh and LR was hard.
LR was def hard.

I don't think LG was hard, but for me personally I think I'm just a dumb ass who had 18 mins to figure out game 4 and guessed on 1 question LMAO. idk it was straightforward but one of the rules really confused me for a while.

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
That shit was cray and everyone failed. So you have nothing to worry about.
Misery loves company.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 pm

littlewing67 wrote:The only thing that can make me feel better about bombing would be some more acceptances but my inbox is looking so dry )’:
I cant wait for your name to pop up here on grey day saying you got a 173, cause I just know its gonna happen.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:02 am

Damn I forgot how much applying for jobs sucks. WELL gonna suck a whole lot more if December didn't go as planned!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:05 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:33 am

drinking coffee and watching friends

I have no life

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:51 am

Mikey wrote:drinking coffee and watching friends

I have no life
That sounds like the life to me, Mikey.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 am

Zero Hedge wrote:
Mikey wrote:drinking coffee and watching friends

I have no life
That sounds like the life to me, Mikey.
I guess you're right. I'm going to miss doing absolutely nothing once I start LS

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:35 am

So I don't think we've talked about this, but the new website layout is pretty spiffy looking (and it looks like grey day will remain intact as the green symbols are still present).

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:37 am

watching the vote on the fcc website.

ugh

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:52 am

Mikey wrote:watching the vote on the fcc website.

ugh
There's no point. They were never going to be convinced to change their mind. They know everything they've been saying is b.s. They don't care. It was over the moment Trump was elected. The real possibility is maybe congress will be scared enough before 2018 to want to garner some good will and pass a law themselves, but I'm not super hopeful there either.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:58 am

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:

ugh
There's no point. They were never going to be convinced to change their mind. They know everything they've been saying is b.s. They don't care. It was over the moment Trump was elected. The real possibility is maybe congress will be scared enough before 2018 to want to garner some good will and pass a law themselves, but I'm not super hopeful there either.
:(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Mikey wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:

ugh
How about this, there is legal recourse when they repeal. They have to show reason and that they followed procedure. There are a lot of questions around both of those (for the latter, whether or not they actual sought public comment in a meaningful way). Unfortunately, that will be a slow process and in the meantime, welcome to web 3.0

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:23 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
Mikey wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:

ugh
How about this, there is legal recourse when they repeal. They have to show reason and that they followed procedure. There are a lot of questions around both of those (for the latter, whether or not they actual sought public comment in a meaningful way). Unfortunately, that will be a slow process and in the meantime, welcome to web 3.0
to me it seems like they're ignoring citizens' opinions on the matter, idk this all just sucks ass lol

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Mikey wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
Mikey wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:

ugh
to me it seems like they're ignoring citizens' opinions on the matter, idk this all just sucks ass lol
They can ignore them as long as they hear them out, but with the comment system debacle (basically they just claimed the system was hacked, provided no evidence, refused to provide that data for investigation, and said that was a good enough reason not to take those comments seriously) there are serious questions around whether they can claim to have done that. They held no public hearings, so that comment system was the only way for the public to make meaningful comments to be ignored.

But, yeah it sucks. FCC chair isn't an elected position, so they really have no reason to fear the public opinion. People don't vote for their elected officials based on who they will approve for FCC chair.

Carly Jo

New

Post by Carly Jo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for quite a while! 2.5 weeks to go...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”