The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How did you do??

177-180
9%
173-176
13%
170-172
6%
167-169
21%
164-166
16%
160-163
13%
155-159
12%
Below 155
10%

Total votes: 86

peege

New

Re: The Official December 2017 Waiters Thread

Post by peege » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 am

Mikey wrote:did anyone get an email about a post-lsat questionnaire?

it's from an @lsac.org email, but looks kind of sus lmao (only reason I say this is because I've never gotten this before, but maybe it's a new thing??)
I did it, but I also thought it was weird because they haven't done it in the past. Maybe because their testing new formats they want more data. It didn't ask for any personal information, though.

efficient

New

Post by efficient » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:43 am

Mikey wrote:did anyone get an email about a post-lsat questionnaire?

it's from an @lsac.org email, but looks kind of sus lmao (only reason I say this is because I've never gotten this before, but maybe it's a new thing??)
I got this too.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:58 am

Zero Hedge wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Yea, I was thinking of doing the same thing. My current iPad is like 5 years old so it's not good for that. I'm just holding off the purchase until next year once I'm for sure going to be in a class and also confirming there aren't any major upgrades to hold out for.
Apple is unveiling their new desktop on Thursday, starts at $5k if you really want to embrace those upgrades :D But I've been looking at the iPad Pro as well for next fall as well. I feel like there are so little times where you need an actual OS. I have a Surface Pro 3 that's a few years old and I can probably count the number of times on my hands where I feel like not having the full OS would have stopped me from getting something done.
Oddly enough, for desktops I prefer windows because I can build my own...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 pm

so I'm filling out the post lsat survey bc why not, I have nothing to do.

and the factors as to why you are going to law school mostly seem like shitty reasons why people want to go to LS? "parents want me to go" "law is prestigious" "I want a high income job" . what is this BS?? are they trying to see who truly wants to be a lawyer and who is just like ehh whatever I'll go to LS? this survey is dumb as hell

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Had a strange dream last night where I received one of my recommender's sealed physical letter in the mail that he wanted me to forward to LSAC when I thought he'd submitted already online. I then panicked that he submitted a blank letter online (that I then forwarded with all my applications) without realizing. None of this makes any sense. Clearly I need some sort of application movement this week before I go too crazy.
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Mikey wrote:so I'm filling out the post lsat survey bc why not, I have nothing to do.

and the factors as to why you are going to law school mostly seem like shitty reasons why people want to go to LS? "parents want me to go" "law is prestigious" "I want a high income job" . what is this BS?? are they trying to see who truly wants to be a lawyer and who is just like ehh whatever I'll go to LS? this survey is dumb as hell
Lol I just did it too for the hell of it

jjdude14

Bronze

Post by jjdude14 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Mikey wrote:so I'm filling out the post lsat survey bc why not, I have nothing to do.

I was a big fan of "a legal career would give me work-life balance"

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:18 pm

jjdude14 wrote:

Hahaha ! YES thats the one I was thinking about but forgot

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:20 pm

jjdude14 wrote:

:lol: I thought the rest of the survey was fairly normal, but that section had like 2 decent options to choose from IIRC lol. And you HAD to choose
3 like bruh

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 pm

new poll

futurehoosierJD

New

Post by futurehoosierJD » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Haaaaaai guys. Usually a lurker, but wanted to say hey and hope you guys are dealing with the wait better than me. Or at least are also miserable. Some commiseration would be nice, too.

dietcoked

Bronze

Post by dietcoked » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Got the Macbook. Thanks guys ~~~

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Imagine how hard a logic game it must be to schedule an MLB season

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 pm

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:Imagine how hard a logic game it must be to schedule an MLB season
If I ever had free time for programming (meaning I've quit being one professionally), I've always wanted to try making a scheduler and see how well it turns out. There's just so much to think about.
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 pm

futurehoosierJD wrote:Haaaaaai guys. Usually a lurker, but wanted to say hey and hope you guys are dealing with the wait better than me. Or at least are also miserable. Some commiseration would be nice, too.
Any friend of Lorelai is welcome here. Have you seen Marvelous Mrs. Maisel yet!?

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:44 pm

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:Imagine how hard a logic game it must be to schedule an MLB season
If I ever had free time for programming (meaning I've quit being one professionally), I've always wanted to try making a scheduler and see how well it turns out. There's just so much to think about.
Yeah, when you think of the mandatory divisional games, minimizing the amount of East-West travel, concerts/venue use AND off-days it seems like it would be really difficult.

Once on a bus ride back to university a few years ago I heard a guy claim that his grandpa and some other guy that worked for the NHL were to only ones who were able to create the schedule. For some reason that doesn't seem true but who knows.??

vikingrunner

New

Post by vikingrunner » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:09 am

I'm imagining a million stupid LSAT-type rules like this:
"Boston and San Diego will not play each other, unless it is the 3rd weekend of August, and only if Boston has played a team in California the previous series."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:24 am

PhiladelphiaCollins wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
Yeah, when you think of the mandatory divisional games, minimizing the amount of East-West travel, concerts/venue use AND off-days it seems like it would be really difficult.

Once on a bus ride back to university a few years ago I heard a guy claim that his grandpa and some other guy that worked for the NHL were to only ones who were able to create the schedule. For some reason that doesn't seem true but who knows.??
Not to mention the need for expected marquee matchups every week for those game of the week nights (likely trying to account for pitching rotations that get thrown off by the odd off day here and there).

Hollidae

New

Post by Hollidae » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 am

jjdude14 wrote:

Yeah. I raised my eyebrow at that one too....

futurehoosierJD

New

Post by futurehoosierJD » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:44 am

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
futurehoosierJD wrote:Haaaaaai guys. Usually a lurker, but wanted to say hey and hope you guys are dealing with the wait better than me. Or at least are also miserable. Some commiseration would be nice, too.
Any friend of Lorelai is welcome here. Have you seen Marvelous Mrs. Maisel yet!?
I have not, but after reading about the plot, I feel like I have to!

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:10 am

Some good options on the new poll there but I just had to go guccigangv2 lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:27 am

MercW07 wrote:Some good options on the new poll there but I just had to go guccigangv2 lol
The perennial leader in all polls.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 am

Zero Hedge wrote:
MercW07 wrote:Some good options on the new poll there but I just had to go guccigangv2 lol
The perennial leader in all polls.
Ce La Vie

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:37 am

gucci gang will always be an option in every poll ITT

you're welcome <3

e: besides the very first poll I don't think I included it and for that I am deeply sorry

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:40 am

futurehoosierJD wrote:
JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
I have not, but after reading about the plot, I feel like I have to!
It's soooo good. I wasn't a huge fan of that Bunheads show she did after Gilmore Girls, but this one hits the mark.

In fact, I feel like homework for the entire thread is to watch at least the pilot of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon.
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”