Should I accept my fate on RC and just focus on LR and LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lsatbum

New

Should I accept my fate on RC and just focus on LR and LG

Post by lsatbum » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:36 am

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on how to approach the RC section.

I have improved a lot on LR and LG over the past half year, from missing 12 per section on my diagnostic to 0-5 for LR and 0-3 for LG, but my RC score just won't budge.

I also missed 12 on my diagnostic for RC but have only managed to bring this down to missing around 8-10.

My LSAT goal is to score around a 165 and I am PTing around 162-164.

I know RC tends to be the most difficult section to improve on, so my question is:

Should I accept that I will miss 8-10 on RC and instead focus on making small improvements LR and LG with light RC maintenance, OR should I instead focus more on RC with light LR and LG maintenance?

Thanks for the input everyone!

cafesupreme

New

Re: Should I accept my fate on RC and just focus on LR and LG

Post by cafesupreme » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:46 am

I don't know what approach you are taking to improving RC, but I wouldn't give up. About a 8 weeks before I took the LSAT I had a preptest that was -10 (RC), -3(Everything else combined). That's an example I remember, most of them were similar. By the time I took the test I was never worse than -3 on RC. The main thing you should do to improve RC in my opinion is play around with different approaches to how you read the section. Check out the 7sage memory method to start - I ended up using something kind of similar to this + minimal notes.

NavyNuke

Bronze

Re: Should I accept my fate on RC and just focus on LR and LG

Post by NavyNuke » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 am

Def don't give up hope on RC. I was struggling to improve RC as well, but kept at it and went from PTing around minus -8 to going -4 on test day. Four questions can make or break your score.
I would focus on RC while maintaining LR/LG. The Trainer was the most helpful for me in improving RC. It focuses on improving reading speed and recognizing passage structure. Best of luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”