A Plan for the Retake Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Tpb5493

New

A Plan for the Retake

Post by Tpb5493 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:30 pm

Hey all,

So in September I managed to score 6 points below my PT average. I scored a 166, which marks the low point of any PT I had taken up to that point. I scored a 174 on the June 2017 preptest one week before the test. Today I went through the questions I missed on the September test and unsurprisingly saw that virtually every mistake was due to sloppiness. I can only guess that test day anxiety got to me. I was living out of hotels as I transitioned into a new job during that time, and I suspect that stress may have played a part.

In any event, I'm studying now to retake in December. I want to ask for advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation or has encountered this type of situation before. Right now I'm going through the Manhattan LR and CR guides and frankly finding that I already know the techniques and strategies in them. Before September, I worked through The LSAT Trainer and did hundreds of LGs with review from 7sage. Would it be best for me to simply take old PTs and review them up until December? As I said, my PT average was a 172 over 15 full, timed tests going in to the September LSAT.

If it helps, prior to September I was consistently going -0 or -1 on LGs, -2-3 on LR, and usually -2 on CR. On the September test, I went -1 LG and -5 in each of the other sections. I finished all of them with time to spare. One other concern I have is that I've completed the 15 most recent PTs. If I take them again leading up to December, they won't be "fresh." I guess I'm just looking for tips on how I can ensure that this time around my actual score reflects my preptest performance.

Thanks in advance.

Tpb5493

New

Re: A Plan for the Retake

Post by Tpb5493 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Bump

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”