LR Trouble Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
King of the North

Bronze

LR Trouble

Post by King of the North » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 pm

So I'm sitting for the LSAT for the first time in Dec. I've probably spent the longest amount of time working on LR, and pretty often I can get -4 on a timed section. But when it comes to full PTs, or even doing two sections timed back to back, I average around -7. Blind review I can cut it down to -2/-3 pretty well. I've only ever used the LSAT trainer and since finishing the book a few months ago, I have really only practiced LR questions and haven't "studied" or learned or whatever, any new material/books. I'm wondering if it's beneficial to go through some new material at this point, or if I'll confuse/overwhelm myself potentially by studying new methods/approaches.

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Re: LR Trouble

Post by GnarMarBinx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:47 pm

I think it's probably just endurance. The same thing happens to me with LR. To offset it, I think I'm going to drill 2-3 LR sections in a row so I am more used to doing them back-to-back. One of the reasons I got messed up in September was because I never really used LR as my experimental (because it started as my best section) and I got it as experimental in my real test and tired me out. So, to get better at not getting tired out from LR sections, I think it would be best to either incorporate them more often as experimentals, or drill them back-to-back more often.

PS. That jazz playlist is godly. Listened to the whole thing while I was drilling some logic games yesterday and it actually made it fun :D

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:13 am

If you haven't gone through at least some of the Trainer for LR I think it's worth doing, even if you're already scoring pretty well.

Especially if you've been prepping for a while you may find some phrase that just perfectly encapsulates something that'll help you get a couple easy points and it'll solidify what you already know so you can be faster.

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:17 am

GnarMarBinx wrote:I think it's probably just endurance. The same thing happens to me with LR. To offset it, I think I'm going to drill 2-3 LR sections in a row so I am more used to doing them back-to-back. One of the reasons I got messed up in September was because I never really used LR as my experimental (because it started as my best section) and I got it as experimental in my real test and tired me out. So, to get better at not getting tired out from LR sections, I think it would be best to either incorporate them more often as experimentals, or drill them back-to-back more often.

PS. That jazz playlist is godly. Listened to the whole thing while I was drilling some logic games yesterday and it actually made it fun :D
Haha sweet. Glad to hear it. And yeah, I think it’s mainly endurance.

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:17 am

sev wrote:If you haven't gone through at least some of the Trainer for LR I think it's worth doing, even if you're already scoring pretty well.

Especially if you've been prepping for a while you may find some phrase that just perfectly encapsulates something that'll help you get a couple easy points and it'll solidify what you already know so you can be faster.
The trainer is actually what I used for my LR. I agree it’s good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 am

King of the North wrote:
sev wrote:If you haven't gone through at least some of the Trainer for LR I think it's worth doing, even if you're already scoring pretty well.

The trainer is actually what I used for my LR. I agree it’s good.
Whoops, just failed RC. I read " haven't "studied" or learned or whatever, any new material/books" and dropped the word "new" and was about to be really impressed about how far you've gotten without books. :P

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Post by GnarMarBinx » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:11 am

If you have gone through the LSAT trainer (albeit months ago) would you suggest going through the LR and possibly RC portions a second time? I did it a while ago but I feel like I don't remember a lot of what I read anymore. Obviously I will have done all the drills, however.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”