Best LR Prep? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
OldSpeedoGuy

New

Best LR Prep?

Post by OldSpeedoGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:26 pm

I'm pretty inconsistent on LR (anywhere from -0 to -6). What are the best LR prep books/courses?
I've heard the Fox LR Encyclopedia is good.

JazzOne

Gold

Re: Best LR Prep?

Post by JazzOne » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 pm

The Powerscore LR Bible is authoritative, although it's a bit too detailed for newbie, IMO. It's probably the best LR book on the market.

Aleksander

New

Post by Aleksander » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Manhattan LR is going to get my vote.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:35 am

Aleksander wrote:Manhattan LR is going to get my vote.
also Manhattan LG blows PS out of the water

Lxwind

New

Post by Lxwind » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 am

I read several pages on LR in LSAT trainer and it really helped me to understand what LR tests. Then I just used PTs to prep. Never used any other materials and I feel it is not really necessary.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:36 pm

The Manhattan RC book is top notch, so I imagine their LR book is good too.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Lxwind wrote:I read several pages on LR in LSAT trainer and it really helped me to understand what LR tests. Then I just used PTs to prep. Never used any other materials and I feel it is not really necessary.
Just a note on this - while I have nothing but love for the LSAT Trainer in developing strong foundational skills, it was pretty tough to review LR with the various online explanations because Mike Kim's methods are different than others. I'm going to be starting with the Manhattan LR book and the Nathan Fox book and will hopefully see some results because I bombbbbeeeeddddd the LR for Sept.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:11 pm

clueless801 wrote:
Lxwind wrote:I read several pages on LR in LSAT trainer and it really helped me to understand what LR tests. Then I just used PTs to prep. Never used any other materials and I feel it is not really necessary.
Just a note on this - while I have nothing but love for the LSAT Trainer in developing strong foundational skills, it was pretty tough to review LR with the various online explanations because Mike Kim's methods are different than others. I'm going to be starting with the Manhattan LR book and the Nathan Fox book and will hopefully see some results because I bombbbbeeeeddddd the LR for Sept.
I've also heard a lot of good things about Fox.

HueyPWrong

New

Post by HueyPWrong » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:50 pm

I am of the opinion you should do atleast one whole ten official preptests books worth of LR sections with loose time constraints and get a solid foundation for the type of questions, the layout of the questions in the order, and even the patterns within the answer choices especially the wrong answer choices. Then dive into the LR bible. In my experience with LR questions its just about recognizing the patterns and being able to mentally seperate the conclusion from the rest and fill the gap. Granted, everyone is different and im not the smartest person in the forum or even in this topic probably.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Tavorak

New

Post by Tavorak » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:53 pm

JazzOne wrote:The Manhattan RC book is top notch, so I imagine their LR book is good too.
I've been using the 7Sage method and going about -3 on RC. Do you think I should get Manhattan RC for the December test?

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Tavorak wrote:
JazzOne wrote:The Manhattan RC book is top notch, so I imagine their LR book is good too.
I've been using the 7Sage method and going about -3 on RC. Do you think I should get Manhattan RC for the December test?
Actually, -3 is a damn good RC score. I think 7Sage is also very good, so I'm not sure Manhattan RC will help. But it couldn't hurt. I really like Manhattan Prep's scale analogy for RC passages. There are a few helpful exercises in Manhattan's RC book as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”