Best Course for 2 months Study Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ls18orbust

New

Best Course for 2 months Study

Post by ls18orbust » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:11 pm

So I just got my score back for September and I'm not too happy with it. So I'm going to retake in December. My biggest issue seems to be timing, when I'm not rushed I can get answers right almost all of the time. When I take a PT untimed, I score in the high 160s, low 170s. Timed and it drops to high 150s, low 160s (which is where my actual score landed). When I look at my score report and break the questions down into sections I rarely get an answer wrong, but then when I get to the last section and a half (which I'm usually doing in the last 10min of the section) I miss answers like crazy. Is it recommended to take a course even though I feel like I have the basics down? Or do I need to just take more PTs timed and build up my stamina? If you think a course is good, what would you recommend on a two month study schedule?

Tpb5493

New

Re: Best Course for 2 months Study

Post by Tpb5493 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:03 am

You've probably heard this before, but timing improves with your knowledge of the material. And, of course, by doing a large number of timed sections. I use the 10 in 10, 15 in 15 method and it seems to work well enough. Another key point is skipping tough questions. Once you get past around question 12, LSAC likes to throw in a few hard questions. When you encounter one, spend 45 seconds to a minute on it before circling an answer and moving on. Ideally you'll finish the section with 4-5 minutes to spare, allowing you to go back and hit the hard questions that you skipped. Moving fast on easy questions is also key. The first 10 are generally really, really easy - so for some of them you might not even need to read every answer choice. Find a timing method and stick to it.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Post removed...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”