Retake 4th time? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
whenseptemberends

New

Retake 4th time?

Post by whenseptemberends » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi,

I received my September score and got a 165. Very disappointed as my practice score average was a 173. Put in a lot of time for this test, much more so than the previous two and thought I had prepared adequately. Went -7 on LG, where I typically go -0. I feel like my score was a bit of a fluke and am very confident I could do better.

Unfortunately this was my third retake (164, 167, now 165).

I would like to attend law school next fall and was planning to apply as soon as I received my score.

My question: if my goal is to attend the best school I can next year, will I help or hurt my cause by retaking in December? My understanding is that your apps are frozen when you are flagged as taking an upcoming LSAT. If, hypothetically, I scored say, 170, would my application be better off for this cycle than if I just applied now, with the 167 as my best?

Thanks very much for your time and input.

Edit to add: I am open to not attending next fall, but would like to add here that I already put off not attending last fall for the sake of a retake. I am at a point in my life where I'd like to avoid doing that again. I understand it may be necessary but it's a priority for me to avoid it.
Last edited by whenseptemberends on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Retake 4th time?

Post by sparkytrainer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Just retake. Go to school when you have the score necessary. Law school will always be there.

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 pm

OP, I was in a similar position with similar scores. I hit my PT’s on the 4th take, and my prior takes did not affect my cycle. I’d retake. Good luck!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:06 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:OP, I was in a similar position with similar scores. I hit my PT’s on the 4th take, and my prior takes did not affect my cycle. I’d retake. Good luck!
That's actually really good to know, thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”