Just got my Score from Sept test. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Ufgirl

New

Just got my Score from Sept test.

Post by Ufgirl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:50 pm

Just scored a 149 and I am extremely bummed. All but one of the first of 8 PT I took had me scoring in the mid to high 150’s. I felt really good for the test and was smiling afterward. I had a couple hiccups during the test but overall I thought I would score at least a 153. Granted we did have hurricane Irma which screwed up studying for two weeks before the test and I anticipated cancellation which didn’t happen. I won’t be able to retake until February and I think my chances of going to Law school next fall are becoming slim.
Sucks

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Just got my Score from Sept test.

Post by sparkytrainer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm

law school is always be there, keep studying and practicing. I went from a 142 diagnostic to a 175+ real score and now a t10 is paying for my legal education. You go to law school when you have the score. Keep studying.

HueyPWrong

New

Post by HueyPWrong » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 am

I wouldn't trip over that just retake it. I havent made below a 170 in months on a preptest and somehow i messed things up and got a 151. There is always another test date

Jdhoosier17

New

Post by Jdhoosier17 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Take the LSAT in Feb, sis. Postpone going for a year. Many people do it. Do teach for America or something that will boost your resume and ultimately increase your chances of getting into a law school anyways. In that year, travel, learn about yourself and look at is as an opportunity. I took a year off of school (for military training so its fine) and it was the best decision I have made thus far. I was able to take a step back and realize what I really want to do with my life. I recommend a gap year.

Ufgirl

New

Post by Ufgirl » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:24 am

Jdhoosier17 wrote:Take the LSAT in Feb, sis. Postpone going for a year. Many people do it. Do teach for America or something that will boost your resume and ultimately increase your chances of getting into a law school anyways. In that year, travel, learn about yourself and look at is as an opportunity. I took a year off of school (for military training so its fine) and it was the best decision I have made thus far. I was able to take a step back and realize what I really want to do with my life. I recommend a gap year.
I have been on the fast track to complete law school before 33 so I can apply for the Air Force JAG Corp. If I don’t start in 2018 my dream of the JAG Corp will be crushed. Now we have new baby being born next month so December LSAT is out of the question and who knows how much study time I’ll get in with two kids running around! Ha! I kick myself in the ass everyday for started college so late. I could always go to the “local” law school but their stats are horrible. 50% bar passage rate and 65% unemployed. I feel that would be a waste of 3 years and $$$$. Do you guys know anything about transferring? Maybe I could start at the local school and do well then transfer? Do Law schools take a lot of transfer students or is it quite a low percentage? Is it frowned upon if you transfer law schools?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jdhoosier17

New

Post by Jdhoosier17 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Do you guys know anything about transferring? Maybe I could start at the local school and do well then transfer? Do Law schools take a lot of transfer students or is it quite a low percentage? Is it frowned upon if you transfer Law schools?
I would absolutely not recommend transferring. That is a coin toss as many times law school have no idea how many transfers they will take in a given year. Sometimes a school will take no transfers while other times they take 20. I have also heard transferring forces you to lose opportunities like law review.
I'm not sure if you are currently in the Air Force but I am and I know it is highly likely that you would be granted an age waiver as I have seen that done many times for more physical jobs. I also would like to point out the possibility of not being accepted. I really wish you the best, but wouldn't it be awful if you rushed to take the LSAT when you weren't ready, to go to a low ranked law school, just to not be accepted to the JAG program?
I would reach out to a recruiter to see about a possibility of an age waiver.

Ufgirl

New

Post by Ufgirl » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:36 pm

Of course I know it is very competitive and there is a chance of not being accepted. I do not currently have any service time so I doubt I would be eligible for a waiver. I should try talking to the JAG recruiter at the local base here just in case there are other options or deadlines I may not be aware of. When I contacted a couple years ago I was told to wait until I had my Bachelors to reach out for information and was told not to enlist as it is a better option to apply for direct appointment.
I appreciate the advice on transferring and I think I will schedule something next time I am on base.

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:26 pm

It's not too late - many law schools outside the T13 accept February scores.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”