Getting Digital Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Why are you taking the Digital LSAT?

Extra Practice
11%
That refund
56%
Well I need to start taking PTs sometime
11%
I have LSAC’s best interest at heart
22%

Total votes: 9

Bartlet4President

New

Getting Digital

Post by Bartlet4President » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Anybody have any reason to think this Saturday’s digital test will be a PT we haven’t seen yet?

sodomojo

Bronze

Re: Getting Digital

Post by sodomojo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:33 am

Wait wut? Are you implying the field test is typically just some old PT? Says who? Hmm.....

usaorbust

Bronze

Post by usaorbust » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:06 am

sodomojo wrote:Wait wut? Are you implying the field test is typically just some old PT? Says who? Hmm.....
The last digital was like pt78 or something like that. An old test in general.

sodomojo

Bronze

Post by sodomojo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:23 am

usaorbust wrote:
sodomojo wrote:Wait wut? Are you implying the field test is typically just some old PT? Says who? Hmm.....
Oh damn.. I'm a lot less psyched for it then in that case.

Nevertheless, wake up a little early on a Saturday in exchange for $180? Still seems worth it to me.

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm

sodomojo wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
Oh damn.. I'm a lot less psyched for it then in that case.

Nevertheless, wake up a little early on a Saturday in exchange for $180? Still seems worth it to me.
That’s pretty much how I feel. I’ll take a free PT on a day I would be doing one anyways for a free real test anytime.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blerggggg

New

Post by blerggggg » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Do you know when scores will be released? I originally thought that scores would be released immediately (cuz it's digital... isn't that the whole point) but I read somewhere, in the recent documents LSAC sent via email, that it might take a few weeks for scores to be released. Anyone know?

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blerggggg

New

Post by blerggggg » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Platopus wrote:
blerggggg wrote:Do you know when scores will be released? I originally thought that scores would be released immediately (cuz it's digital... isn't that the whole point) but I read somewhere, in the recent documents LSAC sent via email, that it might take a few weeks for scores to be released. Anyone know?
I took one of the past digital tests and it took several weeks to get scores, and you didn't actually get a "score". You got a breakdown of correct AC's per their weird question categories
UGHHHHHHH

ty for the info though!!!

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Anybody have any interesting experiences?
In Raleigh, where I was, the test didn't start until about 10:00 because our proctor told the computer we were in an accommodation room. Also, unless this was one of the maybe 2 out of the last 20 tests that I haven't already completed as a PT, this was a new test.

Had really bad proctors that would not stop talking.

And I absolutely hated the RC and LG on the tablet. We were told we could only use a pen for diagramming... WTF. It was a mess.
Heard a lot of good things from the first digital, but this one, at least my experience, was bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Bartlet4President wrote:Anybody have any interesting experiences?
In Raleigh, where I was, the test didn't start until about 10:00 because our proctor told the computer we were in an accommodation room. Also, unless this was one of the maybe 2 out of the last 20 tests that I haven't already completed as a PT, this was a new test.

Had really bad proctors that would not stop talking.

And I absolutely hated the RC and LG on the tablet. We were told we could only use a pen for diagramming... WTF. It was a mess.
Heard a lot of good things from the first digital, but this one, at least my experience, was bad.
Did they give you scratch paper? They did on the first digital test.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sodomojo

Bronze

Post by sodomojo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:45 pm

blerggggg wrote:Do you know when scores will be released? I originally thought that scores would be released immediately (cuz it's digital... isn't that the whole point) but I read somewhere, in the recent documents LSAC sent via email, that it might take a few weeks for scores to be released. Anyone know?
According to proctors and the LSAC FAQ, 6 weeks. But the first digital test takers got them back in ~4 weeks.

sodomojo

Bronze

Post by sodomojo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote: Did they give you scratch paper? They did on the first digital test.
They did, with a big fat LSAT written diagonally across every single page. Wasn't a fan.
littlewing67 wrote:Found the RC a little hard and had 2 RC sections.
Agreed. Found both RC tough, LRs easy, and LG largely easy.

Overall though, I was fine with the experience. My timer disappeared in the middle of a section so they'll still need to work out some kinks with the software. Not having to bubble/transfer to a scantron seemed to be a distinct advantage. Didn't like not being able to see the entire RC passage and each paragraph relative to the size of an 8.5x11 sheet of paper though. Same with not being able to see every single LG question together.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lemonlacroix

New

Post by lemonlacroix » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm

I really hated the test on the tablet. Not being able to do games right under the questions was a big big adjustment and really threw me off. I also was not a fan of the way they had RC. It was nice that we could underline but it was also so frustrating to either have to scroll forever to read the whole thing or switch to a 3rd page (I also had 2 RC sections fwiw).

It was nice to get a new test, but my first LR section is probably a mess because it's a completely new format and it took me a few questions to get into the right rhythm.

Also they NEED new tablet rests. Everyone's kept falling over and it was extremely distracting.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:12 am

sodomojo wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote: Did they give you scratch paper? They did on the first digital test.
They did, with a big fat LSAT written diagonally across every single page. Wasn't a fan.

Overall though, I was fine with the experience. My timer disappeared in the middle of a section so they'll still need to work out some kinks with the software. Not having to bubble/transfer to a scantron seemed to be a distinct advantage. Didn't like not being able to see the entire RC passage and each paragraph relative to the size of an 8.5x11 sheet of paper though. Same with not being able to see every single LG question together.
I actually really liked it when I did it in May, with the exceptions that you just pointed out. But then I got my worst PT score post diagnostic so my vote is still with pencil and paper :lol:

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:53 pm

sodomojo wrote:

They also told us we couldn’t use pencils...

I thought the RC was difficult and the format did not help. I’ll be preferring paper and pen for now.
Not being able to make connections was difficult. I usually write one word summaries in various places. I usually don’t refer back to them, but the act of writing it helps me make sense out of the statement and allow it to resonate. That wasn’t really possible.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”