Looking up words while blind reviewing Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
King of the North

Bronze

Looking up words while blind reviewing

Post by King of the North » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Do you look up words you don’t know when you’re blind reviewing? I’m asking mainly in the context of a question that would ask something along the lines of “which one of the following most expresses the meaning of the word ____ as used in...” and then it gives you 5 choices each of which is a single word.

tanes25

New

Re: Looking up words while blind reviewing

Post by tanes25 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:42 am

I don't look it up during blind review but I do afterwards to make sure I know the meaning in case I see it again. If you look it up during blind review you're throwing off the accuracy. Blind review is supposed to tell you what you know or don't know without the timing factor not what you know or can figure out with outside help.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:27 pm

King of the North wrote:Do you look up words you don’t know when you’re blind reviewing? I’m asking mainly in the context of a question that would ask something along the lines of “which one of the following most expresses the meaning of the word ____ as used in...” and then it gives you 5 choices each of which is a single word.
Just to add on to that above poster, I definitely wouldn’t look up words for that kind of question unless you didn’t know what the answer choices meant either.

pricon

Bronze

Post by pricon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:42 am

If you really want to be blind reviewing, you should be looking upwards, not looking up words.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”