Exclude a transcript? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GoingBackToSchool

New

Exclude a transcript?

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:51 pm

Last edited by GoingBackToSchool on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Re: Exclude a transcript?

Post by Platopus » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:57 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:00 am

Platopus wrote:This is probably the single worst thing you could possibly do to start your career, seriously. If you are caught, and there are plenty of ways to get caught, you will not pass C&F, your JD will be revoked, and you be will screwed.

In any case, grades received AFTER you are awarded your first bachelors aren't calculated in your GPA, so there really isn't a reason not to report.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoingBackToSchool

New

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:05 am

Platopus wrote:This is probably the single worst thing you could possibly do to start your career, seriously. If you are caught, and there are plenty of ways to get caught, you will not pass C&F, your JD will be revoked, and you be will screwed.

In any case, grades received AFTER you are awarded your first bachelors aren't calculated in your GPA, so there really isn't a reason not to report.
Okay, okay, I hear you. I was afraid to even ask the question.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:20 am

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GoingBackToSchool

New

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:40 am

Platopus wrote:
GoingBackToSchool wrote:

Okay, okay, I hear you. I was afraid to even ask the question.
\

Better to ask than do something that would ruin your life. Honestly though, it's probably not a huge deal. It might be prudent to write a brief addendum explaining why you were unable to complete the program, maybe by pointing to increased work/familial obligations, but really schools won't care all that much, if at all. If it's after UG, it doesn't get calculated into your LSAC GPA, and that's really the only number that matters to them (LSAT, aside).
Thank you. I think I was worried about the GPA calcuation. I agree re the addendum - I think I have a pretty good case for not finishing the program.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:40 am

Wrt "how would anyone know," my understanding is that schools can access a kind of centralized educational database thing that indicates where people have attended. I have no idea under what circumstances they do (I don't think they routinely check everyone), but it's possible to find out.

Keep in mind that you'll also have to report all educational institutions on your bar application. The bar also can/will match up your application with your law school application to make sure you were forthcoming on the latter. So if you left this out of your law school app (you shouldn't) then you either have to lie on the bar app (you REALLY shouldn't) or have a contradiction that may lead to the bar concluding you lied on your law school app (you REALLY don't want them to think that).

GoingBackToSchool

New

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:41 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Wrt "how would anyone know," my understanding is that schools can access a kind of centralized educational database thing that indicates where people have attended. I have no idea under what circumstances they do (I don't think they routinely check everyone), but it's possible to find out.

Keep in mind that you'll also have to report all educational institutions on your bar application. The bar also can/will match up your application with your law school application to make sure you were forthcoming on the latter. So if you left this out of your law school app (you shouldn't) then you either have to lie on the bar app (you REALLY shouldn't) or have a contradiction that may lead to the bar concluding you lied on your law school app (you REALLY don't want them to think that).
Ah, that is a good point re the Bar. Thanks. One lie after one life will just lead to failure - last thing I want to do. Thanks all for your advice on this. Honesty it is.

GoingBackToSchool

New

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:53 am

GoingBackToSchool

New

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:54 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”