I don't know what to do anymore. Advice Appreciated. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lsatlife

New

I don't know what to do anymore. Advice Appreciated.

Post by lsatlife » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi everyone, first post new account!
The December LSAT will be my last real chance to take the test. As I have a little over 2 months left to go, I'm not sure what to do from here. Of course I'm aiming for a 180, thanks to the people here for encouraging everyone to aim for the stars.
My PT average is 165 with every BR being 175-180.

But, I really don't know where to go from here. I have 5 fresh PTs left: 80, 78, 77, C2, 61.

My biggest problem sections are RC and LG. With RC sometimes I'll get -7 sometimes -3/4, it's the exact same with LG if there' s a particular game that stumps me. My strategy with LG is drill (7sage method) all the LGs for every preptest except for the PTs I haven't done yet.

My strategy for RC is to do the same as with LG: Drill passages and sections. Every morning as soon as I wake up before even brushing my teeth, I plan to do one LG and one RC passage. All my free time these next two months will be dedicated to doing these drills.

However, what should I do about PTing? Since I only have 5 fresh PTs left, I'm thinking about retaking all PTs from 65-81. Does that sound like a good plan?

PDuzzy

New

Re: I don't know what to do anymore. Advice Appreciated.

Post by PDuzzy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Just took the LSAT here. I got my PTs into the high 170s and, If your averaging -3 to -7 on RC and logic games you have the potential to break into the upper percentiles too.

Definitely save those last prep-tests. You should take at least three 5-section tests in the last two weeks leading up to real thing. That way when you open the first page of your test booklet, it's just another day in the office.

Beyond that you need to be more specific about why your getting questions wrong. There are a lot of different reasons you could be missing questions in RC and LG and each requires a different method to improve.

Why are you getting -7 on RC? Do you have trouble timing? Do certain types of passages trip you up? Do you pause and summarize the passage as you read? What types of questions give you the most trouble? etc.

What about logic games? Is it a timing issue? Do you occasionally misread rules? Is it difficulty to set up a specific type of game? etc. The good thing about logic games is that you'll learn the common inferences when you repeat the same game.

Your overall study strategy seems fine. It's tactical issues that you need to work out. If you know where you're going wrong, then you can ask more specific questions and get a lot better advice.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”