Cancel 4th take? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Cancel?

Do cancel
25%
Don't cancel
75%

Total votes: 12

TexasApplicant

New

Cancel 4th take?

Post by TexasApplicant » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 am

Just sat for Sept.

I've taken it 4 times now, increasing score each time (158, 163, 171, X).

I was really thrown off on Saturday. I'd been PTing in the 175+ range every test since June, but I would be surprised to crack 169 this time around. I didn't have my A game on this one, and I'm still not sure why.

Should I cancel or no? Schools look at the highest score, but does 4 takes change this? I'm likely applying asap with the 171, and I'm a splitter. I've heard too many retakes is a red flag, so I'm worried that schools will think my 171 is a fluke.

Edit: Some votes against cancelling - would you mind explaining? I get that there's probably a 1% chance of a higher score, but I'm still worried a drop would hurt my chances.

Lxwind

New

Re: Cancel 4th take?

Post by Lxwind » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:35 pm

TexasApplicant wrote:Just sat for Sept.

I was really thrown off on Saturday. I'd been PTing in the 175+ range every test since June, but I would be surprised to crack 169 this time around. I didn't have my A game on this one, and I'm still not sure why.

Should I cancel or no? Schools look at the highest score, but does 4 takes change this? I'm likely applying asap with the 171, and I'm a splitter. I've heard too many retakes is a red flag, so I'm worried that schools will think my 171 is a fluke.

Edit: Some votes against cancelling - would you mind explaining? I get that there's probably a 1% chance of a higher score, but I'm still worried a drop would hurt my chances.
I guess it also depends on how split and target schools?

TexasApplicant

New

Post by TexasApplicant » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Lxwind wrote:
TexasApplicant wrote:Just sat for Sept.

I guess it also depends on how split and target schools?
GPA is 3.5 and target is T13, applying to NYU on down.

sillymints7962

New

Post by sillymints7962 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Huh. I'm guessing I'm in the minority since I voted cancel. If you don't think you did well, realistically, I think it would be better to cancel just because you have such a nice upward trend going (and if you drop out of the 170's significantly this time, it would appear to be a fluke). I might be projecting though because a huge regret I have is taking my third LSAT (and not cancelling it)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”