-11 Curve, September 2017 Waiter's Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

180-178
7%
177-175
11%
174-172
13%
171-169
15%
168-166
17%
165-160
20%
159-155
9%
154-150
5%
<150
3%

Total votes: 138

creed

Bronze

Re: September 2017 Waiter's Thread

Post by creed » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Had the 3 LR test. From what I can tell, the first was ECP.

Thoughts:

LG was one of the easiest sections I've ever taken.

LR w/ 25: moderate, 3-4 that took some time

LR w/ 26: about same, a little easier

RC: judges sucked. Marx/Freud was easy. First two moderate. Prob moderate difficulty on average.

My guess is a -10. Folks on here need to remember that we have a disproportionately LG-able crowd. If you didn't map out on the second and third they weren't so easy, but if you did. They were a breeze. As many tests go, I think my score will come down to the 5-6 questions that gave me pause.

Overall, I feel very good. Seems like the curve is the only impediment. But we'll see. Good job everyone!

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:42 pm

HesusChrist wrote:Christ. Curve is going to dish out a massacre. Potential for a -6. BRB, signing up for December.
Seriously though. I've never had that much spare time in a PT ever. (...not counting the nightmare that was my experimental RC--maybe I didn't warm up enough ('twas my first section, thank heavens) or something but I could not get the quantum field theory thing through my head.)

expRC-LR-LG-RC-LR

edit: just saw the link to 7sage so I guess this is redundant but here we go anyways.

Real LG:
1. Films
2. Meal Specials
3. Student presentations
4. Investigator/Interrogations

Real RC:
1. Forests/deforesting and plantations
2. Native American Radio/Languages
3. Judges
4. General theories/Marx/Freud.

Exp RC:
1. WWI/Pacifism
2. Abstract thinking/primative art
3. Immunity
4. Quantum field theory
Last edited by sev on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gluteus

Bronze

Post by Gluteus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:44 pm

25 Days...

God damn, that's gonna be one hell of a wait

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Post by Anon-e-miss » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:45 pm

I'll venture a guess that the curve will be in the 9 to 12 range.
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThatOneAfrican

New

Post by ThatOneAfrican » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Man that was tiring. I think RC was the only section where I ran out of time, so had to guess on like the last 4 questions. Could've been worse. Well I'll know if I have to retake or not come October 12th.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:47 pm

creed wrote:Had the 3 LR test. From what I can tell, the first was ECP.

Thoughts:

RC: judges sucked. Marx/Freud was easy. First two moderate. Prob moderate difficulty on average.

My guess is a -10. Folks on here need to remember that we have a disproportionately LG-able crowd. If you didn't map out on the second and third they weren't so easy, but if you did. They were a breeze. As many tests go, I think my score will come down to the 5-6 questions that gave me pause.

Overall, I feel very good. Seems like the curve is the only impediment. But we'll see. Good job everyone!
I regret not skipping judges to do Marx/freud before it.. ugh.

diamondlaw21

New

Post by diamondlaw21 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Mikey wrote:

Thoughts:

+180. To think I felt confident with the entire test up until Judges...ugh. here's to hoping the curve accounts for all

Gluteus

Bronze

Post by Gluteus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Mikey wrote:

Thoughts:

That was def. a saviour. I probably bombed RC, but at least I know I got a free 6(?) answers at the end

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

das_Gesetz

New

Post by das_Gesetz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:59 pm

A lot of people, including Killoran, are predicting a harsh curve, but what's the precedent for a -9 curve in September? June exams consistently have harsher curves than September/October and December exams. If the June 2017 was considered very easy and produced a -9 curve, this exam (which was slightly harder), should probably produce no worse than a -10, no?

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Mikey wrote: I regret not skipping judges to do Marx/freud before it.. ugh.
Seems like if I had done the 4th passage before the 3rd, it may have saved my whole exam....

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Knocked my pencils/ID/sharpener off my desk right as I started logic games (most stressful section for me re: time) and was flustered but just going to leave them on the floor; but then the proctor came over and tried to put it all on my desk but was distracting me and I had to ask her twice to just leave it. I know she was being nice but it threw me off :? after that i was so shaken i misread a rule in the food specials game and had to basically redo it, which threw me off even more and made me rush. The LG seemed easy enough overall but because I was so out of it and had to rush who knows I definitely could have made some dumb mistakes, hopefully it worked out though.

As for everything else, I found it all moderately average/difficult. I had experimental LR and it seems the hardest one for me was real, sadly; overall felt about equal to June, but I think a bit harder. Whoo! Glad to get that all off my chest.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:01 pm

saf18hornet wrote:
Mikey wrote: I regret not skipping judges to do Marx/freud before it.. ugh.
Seems like if I had done the 4th passage before the 3rd, it may have saved my whole exam....
+180 +180 +180 +180 +180 +180 +180 +180 +180

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:03 pm

r we gray yet

ilpsm

Bronze

Post by ilpsm » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:04 pm

littlewing67 wrote:Hello all.

LR-LG-LR LR-RC

1st LR
Gold artifacts

Thought that was actually super easy? Watch me go -10 lol. But didn't find LR hard.

LG
I thought this was my exp because there were no acceptability questions until the last game. And super easy. Biggest fear is making a stupid mistake thought :/

2nd LR
Question on last page about reasons people have certain diets and broccoli as an example?

Don't remember if it was this one or the 3rd LR but there seemed to be a lot of disagree qs (if this is too much let me know)

3rd LR
Same in terms toughness, I think there was a question about shakespear in this one

RC
Why would u do this to me LSAC? I ran out of time for the last question and guessed lol but may or may not have bombed. Had to end up rushing through the last passage and it wasn't even that difficult on its own.

Overall, I thought everything was easy/on par, except RC. I actually didn't find LR to be hard. They didn't seem to have any tricky questions like last September did. But I can never gauge how I did after I take a PT. Watch me bomb this lol.

Taking this week off, then back to studying it is :x

Also, for me the difference between PTing and the real day is that I have so much anxiety I literally feel like I am going to have a heart attack/panic attack. I did some warm ups - 2 timed passages, LR section untimed, 2 games untimed beforehand, but when my adrenaline is rushing I feel like I can't get my brain to focus. It is really annoying. UGH...
Feel you on that. I'm a CPA and I had a full blown anxiety attack in the middle of two of my four exams. Thank god the curve for those is far more forgiving and your score doesn't really matter. TBH if the RC section weren't my last section I would have absolutely panicked for the other sections after it and just walked out of the room. And that's coming from someone who would be happy with 165+ but PTs 175+. The rest of the exam would've been a nightmare if that RC was first for me
Last edited by ilpsm on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawschoolsenpai

New

Post by Lawschoolsenpai » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:04 pm

I'd just like to say this thread is complete breathe of fresh air compared to r/LSAT/ right now, every one there is going on and on about how easy the LG was, I had the Experimental LG first and it influenced my mood on the next LG (and throughout the whole thing tbh).

Now let me say this, the first and last games were pretty easy, can someone go over what went on in the 2nd and 3rd ones?
Particularly the game with the various foods being served.

Gluteus

Bronze

Post by Gluteus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Anyone else have literally zero anxiety while writing the test?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gluteus

Bronze

Post by Gluteus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Lawschoolsenpai wrote:I'd just like to say this thread is complete breathe of fresh air compared to r/LSAT/ right now, every one there is going on and on about how easy the LG was, I had the Experimental LG first and it influenced my mood on the next LG (and throughout the whole thing tbh).

Now let me say this, the first and last games were pretty easy, can someone go over what went on in the 2nd and 3rd ones?
Particularly the game with the various foods being served.
We can't go into specifics until scores are released. Against the rules

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Gluteus wrote:Anyone else have literally zero anxiety while writing the test?
I had no anxiety until I reached RC, it all went down hill from there

I literally wanted to scream during RC

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Gluteus wrote:Anyone else have literally zero anxiety while writing the test?
I was fine before knocking all my crap off my desk at the start of LG lmao

Teacher

New

Post by Teacher » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:12 pm

CottonHarvest wrote:
Walliums wrote:Who feels personally victimized by the judges passage?

I was like "excuse me but I'm, I'm supposed to get the rest in English?"

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

notharveyspecter

New

Post by notharveyspecter » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:15 pm

My sections went RC-LR-LG-RC-LR

I noticed just before handing in my answer sheet that both my LR sections had 26 answers filled in. I know for a fact my second LR section had 26 questions, but can't for the life of me remember if my first LR section truly had 26 questions or if I should be freaking out about an answer transfer error (I did scan my sheet prior to turning in and I didn't accidentally skip a row and shift everything down, but maybe I filled in an extra question somewhere- hopefully towards the bottom...)

Someone please help me so this doesn't eat me alive for the next 3 weeks.. Is it possible to have two LR sections with 26 questions/did anyone else have this??

Contusioex

New

Post by Contusioex » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi!! I had three LR sections and got super flustered/messed up the first.

For people with only two LR sections: did you have a question about tarantulas as pets?

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Trying to decide between registering for Dec or studying until June :roll:

Gluteus

Bronze

Post by Gluteus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:16 pm

notharveyspecter wrote:My sections went RC-LR-LG-RC-LR

I noticed just before handing in my answer sheet that both my LR sections had 26 answers filled in. I know for a fact my second LR section had 26 questions, but can't for the life of me remember if my first LR section truly had 26 questions or if I should be freaking out about an answer transfer error (I did scan my sheet prior to turning in and I didn't accidentally skip a row and shift everything down, but maybe I filled in an extra question somewhere- hopefully towards the bottom...)

Someone please help me so this doesn't eat me alive for the next 3 weeks.. Is it possible to have two LR sections with 26 questions/did anyone else have this??
I had an experimental LR. 1 Had 26, 2 had 25. So I'm pretty sure 26 x 2 is impossible.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”