Worse on more recent tests Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
april_ludgate

Bronze

Worse on more recent tests

Post by april_ludgate » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:52 pm

I just recently worked my way through tests 42-51 and was averaging around 177, with a few 180s, mostly 176-178. Then I moved on to the most recent 10 tests and my scores dropped significantly, with a 170 and a 172 and a couple 175s (and an outlier 180). I'm kind of freaking out a bit, as the LSAT is this weekend. Is there anything I can do now but take a few more tests and hope I get lucky? I'm missing way more LR and RC questions than I did on the older tests.

Sprout

Silver

Re: Worse on more recent tests

Post by Sprout » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:54 pm

You should stop studying and focus on food and sleep

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Sprout wrote:You should stop studying and focus on food and sleep
That is so counter to my instincts that I actually just shuddered. Unfortunately it's probably the smart move, as I'm currently at a T6 undergrad and also have like, homework, and a senior research thesis to work on.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:30 pm

april_ludgate wrote:
That is so counter to my instincts that I actually just shuddered. Unfortunately it's probably the smart move, as I'm currently at a T6 undergrad and also have like, homework, and a senior research thesis to work on.
Not sure what being in T6 has anything to do with anything lolss

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
Not sure what being in T6 has anything to do with anything lolss
just meant it's a lot of work I guess, sorry if I sounded elitist

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Platopus wrote:Relax. Seriously. I don't mean this too negatively, but I've noticed a nervous energy in a lot of your posts. Very, very few people get to say that a 175 is a "drop". I don't say this to criticize you, but only to help you realize that you are at a very high level if you are averaging a 177, and fretting about a couple of 175's isn't going to help you mentally as you finish out this week, and right now it's all about staying mentally cool and calm. So relax :D You'll do fine, even if you don't hit a 177, a 175 is still good enough for every school in the country. And even if you don't hit a 175, the world will still go round. You're still in school and you always have plenty of time to retake, even though I'm confident that won't be necessary.

No need to put this kind of pressure on yourself. Do your best, but remember: there is always a retake and at this point, your "studying" is done. You should be in maintenance mode, resting up for the big day.
Thank you! And yes, I definitely have a nervous energy going, nothing has ever stressed me out like this test, it's so odd for me. I've had a sneaking suspicion I should just relax but it's hard to let go. But I will definitely make an attempt to chill

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:14 pm

OP the best thing you can do before a huge exam that youve been studying for for a long time is stop studying. for the lsat, for the bar. youre not going to learn anything new last minute and it will likely help to give your brain a break. chill out and know that you have awesome average scores going in, and you can always retake (you wont need to)

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Post by LesPaul1995 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:35 pm

april_ludgate wrote:I just recently worked my way through tests 42-51 and was averaging around 177, with a few 180s, mostly 176-178. Then I moved on to the most recent 10 tests and my scores dropped significantly, with a 170 and a 172 and a couple 175s (and an outlier 180). I'm kind of freaking out a bit, as the LSAT is this weekend. Is there anything I can do now but take a few more tests and hope I get lucky? I'm missing way more LR and RC questions than I did on the older tests.
The older tests are definitely easier for the most part, IMO. Correct/Incorrect answer choices are more obvious (especially in reading comp) for the most part in older tests. It's safe to assume that this is the case, as the test has had to evolve in conjunction with the legal market. Of course the bar needs to be set higher because of this, if even a few adjustments are necessary.

wmbuff

Bronze

Removed post...

Post by wmbuff » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Removed post...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”