Does this theory hold true for anybody on L.R. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
OlegPerry97

New

Does this theory hold true for anybody on L.R.

Post by OlegPerry97 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:26 am

You do better on the second L.R. section because your brain has acclimated itself to the thought process required. I've found that on a lot of my PT's that my second L.R. section is almost always better (often by a huge margin, 8-2, 7-2) than the first if not equal. I'm not sure if one section is just that much more difficult than the other but I'd like to hear some feedback on this. I've also found that what I do before my PT's seems to impact my overall score, where my highest exam scores have come when I had started a PT right after finishing homework and my lowest scores have come when I was fresh and ready to go.

appind

Gold

Re: Does this theory hold true for anybody on L.R.

Post by appind » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:53 pm

OlegPerry97 wrote:You do better on the second L.R. section because your brain has acclimated itself to the thought process required. I've found that on a lot of my PT's that my second L.R. section is almost always better (often by a huge margin, 8-2, 7-2) than the first if not equal. I'm not sure if one section is just that much more difficult than the other but I'd like to hear some feedback on this. I've also found that what I do before my PT's seems to impact my overall score, where my highest exam scores have come when I had started a PT right after finishing homework and my lowest scores have come when I was fresh and ready to go.
warmup plays a role but in general a lot of difference between performance on lr1 vs lr2 depends on individual and the sections. sometimes there's is a statistically significant difference between hardness of two (if i have to guess i think lr2 is typically in general harder or longer) and sometimes not so much.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”