LG: Rule Substitution Questions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
shortstop123

New

LG: Rule Substitution Questions

Post by shortstop123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi Guys :)

Does anyone know of any good resources strategies to master/improve at Logic Games Rule Substitutions Questions (Ex: Which of the following if substituted for the condition that F and G must not be in the group, would have the same effects? etc.)

Thanks for your help in advance, I really appreciate it :)

HesusChrist

New

Re: LG: Rule Substitution Questions

Post by HesusChrist » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Write down the rule you are subbing beside the question. Go through the AC's and eliminate answers which either give rise to possibilities that were previously against the rules, or that create new restrictions on possibilities that were previously OK. Sometimes referring to game boards will help. Generally, there are a couple obviously wrong answers, and you can brute force one or two if need be.

A word of warning: If you struggle with these questions and are pressed for time on LG, just skip the question and come back to it when you are finished the section. You don't want to burn 4 mins on a question that you will probably get wrong.

shortstop123

New

Post by shortstop123 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:06 pm

HesusChrist wrote:Write down the rule you are subbing beside the question. Go through the AC's and eliminate answers which either give rise to possibilities that were previously against the rules, or that create new restrictions on possibilities that were previously OK. Sometimes referring to game boards will help. Generally, there are a couple obviously wrong answers, and you can brute force one or two if need be.

A word of warning: If you struggle with these questions and are pressed for time on LG, just skip the question and come back to it when you are finished the section. You don't want to burn 4 mins on a question that you will probably get wrong.
Thank you! Appreciate it! :)

Facelessgod

New

Post by Facelessgod » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:01 pm

I'd be interested in a list that had games that had a rule substitution question. I feel like fool-proofing those games would be one of the best ways to become better at approaching and solving them.

I checked 7 Sage and while they have question type categories for LR and RC, they only categorize LG by game type.

I suppose I have almost all of the PTs, maybe I'll look through all of the logic games and post a list with the ones that have rule substitution questions :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”